IVF-Infertility.com home

new with lots of questions

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

new with lots of questions

Postby jessica » Fri May 13, 2005 7:54 am

Hello all. I too found this site searching the internet for any information about PCOS. We just found out in Nov. 04 on a routine pap that i have PCOS. My husband was tested and everything is ok in his department. I was on clomid for 1 month and developed OHSS. My doctor took me off the medication for a month and I am currently wait for my cycle to start to go in for another Vaginal ultrasound to see if the large cysts are still there. I am currently on day 40 of this cycle. how long do I wait to contact my doctor? :?

Thanks for all the support
jessica

Sponsor

Postby LittleP » Fri May 13, 2005 8:31 am

Jessica

Firstly welcome to the site - I am so glad that you've made the decision to come and join us.

Do you mean day 40 since start of last AF? Do you usually have a long or short cycle? The reason I ask is because if you are usually on a shorter cycle is it worth talking to your doctor or perhaps doing a HPT!

I do think it is probably worth talking to your doctor and asking his/her opinion.

If you post this question of the General Forum as well more of the girls will see it and you should get more answers.

I hope that you get some helpful answers quickly.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby jessica » Fri May 13, 2005 8:42 am

Thanks for your reply. Just a few questions What is AF, if its something to do with CD1 then yes. I am on CD40. And yes I have a longer cycle. It just keeps getting longer each month except the month I was on Clomid. And how would i post this on the General Forum.
thanks
jessica

Postby Sand » Fri May 13, 2005 8:58 am

Hi there Jessica. Welcome to the site. AF stands for Auntie Flo (period). You've initially posted on the Introductions Forum. The General Forum is the next pick down on the list.

We had a BFP (big fat positive - test result) on here yesterday, from someone who was waiting for AF to start ... so it does happen.

Good luck

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby LittleP » Fri May 13, 2005 9:00 am

Hi there

Right:

AF = Aunt Flow (period)

There is a comprehensive list of abbreviations used on this site on the General Forum - it is the top thread. You might find it useful, I know I did when I first joined.

If you go into the General Forum and create a new topic, like you did here, then you could copy your entry here and paste it over there (saves re-typing it :D ).

I hope this helps.

You said that you do have a longer cycle, well in that case I would still give your doctor a ring and say that you are on Day 40 and still no sign of AF and ask his/her opinion. Hopefully that should give you some reassurance that everything is fine and then you will probably find because you relax nature takes its course.

Fingers crossed and look forward to speaking to you in the General Forum.

LP
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby bubblymichelle » Fri May 13, 2005 9:51 am

Hi Jess

Just want to say hello and welcome you to the site, this is such a great site and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I hope you find your way round ok, if you need anything just shout. I wish you all the luck in the world.

LOve
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby jessica » Fri May 13, 2005 10:26 am

thanks so much. I'll post there from now on.
And i'm going to call my doctor this afternoon. This is all so new to me and the steps that you follow are very unclear. I can use all the help I can get.
jessica

Postby bubblymichelle » Fri May 13, 2005 10:28 am

Hi Jess

The Introductions board is where you introduce yourself because ur a new member. You now can post on the General board and we will all help you the best we can. Your not alone we are all here for you.

Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby AliasR » Fri May 13, 2005 11:15 am

Hello Jessica!

Welcome aboard. I think you'll find it so much easier to go through treatment now that you're here.

Don't be shy, drop in any time you want and never think you haven't got anything new or interesting to say... Sometimes just a :D is quite enough!!!

A big Hug

Rita
TTC 2y Me 31 Dh 34 NO SPERM - DI
AliasR
Regular

Return to Introductions