IVF-Infertility.com home

Hi I'm New

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hi I'm New

Postby Macca8 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:54 am

Hi I'm new to the site. A friend of mine told me about the site and the
fact it helped her a couple of years ago before she gave birth to her son, through IVF.
I am about to embark on my third attempt of ICSI at MFS. I have already had 2 attempts which were positive but I miscarried at 5 and 8 weeks. I am hoping that my next attempt in two weeks will be 3rd time lucky.
I have two step children (adults now) and they are great, my step daughter is especially wonderful and is very loving and supportive of both myself and her father. My husband had a vasectomy years before and unfortunately the reversal failed, so ICSI is our only option.
I don't particularly find the process of IVF too bad, I do the short cycle, coflare, which is two weeks in total. Believe it or not it is is replacement I hate the most. I think it feels like the worst ever period cramps, or maybe that is just me.
Would love to hear from anyone that is going through the same.

Lisa xx

:lol:
Macca8
Regular

Sponsor

Postby souris » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:46 pm

Hi Lisa and welcome!

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage and really hope that this time will be a success with a healthy pregnancy!
I am also doing ICSI, this will be my 2nd and last try. Dh also had a vasectomy from previous marriage, but we went straight into IVF. I got a -tive for my first cycle...

I should start the meds sometimes next week. as you , I dont find the tmt too hard (maybe just the mood swings), but for me EC was hell, even under general! of course ET also painful because i was still in pain from EC! Hope that this time will be easier!

i wish you and Dh luck, take good care
souris
xxx
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Postby Macca8 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi Souris,

Thanks for the encouragement. Let me know how you are getting on with the treatment. I had some headaches with the treatment and maybe my DH will say I had mood swings too. I know I was very tearful after the ET. Just wondering if anyone else felt the embryos impant. On both of my treatments I felt the embroys implant about 2/3 days after ET. I had very light spotting for approx 1 hour on both treatments and then it disappeared.

Lisa xx
Macca8
Regular

Postby souris » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi Lisa,

are you sure that it was embryo implant you felt? I have read here that the embryos implant around 9 days after ET? I cany really help on that because mine did not implant...

Take care
souris
xxx
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Postby Macca8 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:10 pm

Souris,

They told me at MFS it was most likely the embryos implanting, which is why I get the slight spotting at this stage. They dont get transfered to your body until 2/3 days after fertilisation and then it was another 2/3 days before I felt them. My body probably does this slightly early. It has always been weird like that. Even before IVF, I could feel ovulation. Don't know why though.

Lisa xx
Macca8
Regular

Postby bubblymichelle » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:03 pm

Welcome hope you enjoy your stay
and get plenty of support.
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions