IVF-Infertility.com home

Hi - Currently starting Ivf

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hi - Currently starting Ivf

Postby Jaimi » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:04 pm

Thought I would introduce myself. :?

My name is Jaimi and I live in Hinckley, Leicester UK, I have been trying to get pregnant now for 7 years. Here's my story so far...

I had PID when I was 16 which resulted in severely blocked tubes. I also have cysts on my ovaries. I have always been told that I am infertile since I was being treated for PID.
I had a laparoscopy in 2002 and another in 2003 which resulted with the same old reply ''Infertile'' due to severely blocked tube and severe tubal abrasions & adhesions.

In July 2004 I collapsed with an ectopic pregnancy, It was a huge shock to myself and my husband. I found out after the emergency operation to remove my right tube that I was 13 weeks pregnant. The pathologist report concluded that and we were expecting a girl. This devastated me as I had no idea I was pregnant. I came to realise a few months later that this was a sign that I could get pregnant and started to focus positively.

I was placed onto the IVF waiting list by my doctors a couple of months later. I have had numerous tests done to confirm that my remaining tube is blocked whilst on the waiting list.
In Dec last year I finally got the letter I have been waiting for, I am starting my daily injections on the 25th Jan and am really nervous.
I have been trying for a baby since I was 18, I am now 25. I have been taking vitamins daily etc but I have a very stressful job which is worrying me as I am being told that I can't be stressed!

I would love to hear from anyone going through this or anyone who can give me advise and encouragement.
I wish everyone the best of luck in their journey towards starting a family.

:D
Love

Jaimi x
Jaimi

Postby k » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi Jaimi

Welcome to the site. I hope you find it as supportive as I have while going through IVF. Im sorry you have been through such a traumatic experience as an ectopic pregnancy - especially getting to 13 weeks pregnant. There are many women on this website who will understand what you have been through and can support you.
I also felt really nervous starting IVF. Ive learnt a lot since been on this website and you will find things less scary as you get to understand the treatment - which will come as you go through it. I found having regular massages/acupuncture/relaxation helped me to get through it. I also found it affected me more mentally than physically. Just try and look after yourself and dont expect too much of yourself while going through it.
There are threads running on the general forum with women going through treatment/about to start treatment soon. Just join in where you feel comfortable, Im sure you will find it helps been able to chat with others going through the same.
Good luck with your treatment
Love Kim
Me 36 DH 33 Male factor due to chemotherapy. IVF\ICSI May 05 +ve.
Jenna Grace born 19.1.06 then natural BFP!
Nathan Alexander born 2.10.08
k
Regular

Hello Jaimi

Postby chellejaya » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:50 am

I am Glad you have found this site as I have found it very reasuring and a great help.
I too had an ectopic at 10 weeks after finding out I was pregnant at 9 wks. My tube ruptured at 9am and my GP visited me twice at home during the day and both times explained there was nothing wrong with my baby and that I probably had a gastro problem. It was about 9pm that night I was finally rushed into hospital and very nearly died.
Luckily I am still here to live the tale but minus an ovary and fallopean tube.
I started taking the drugs for IVF on Boxing day, started the stimming drugs last Wednesday and to be honest, so far have found the process absolutely fine.
I was very very nervous before I started as I had not really had any advise from the doctors or anyone.
The downregging drug I was on was fine and when I went for my baseline scan everything had done what it was supposed to do, and the injection (which was the thing I was dreading the most :shock: )was the easiest thing ever. I have even managed to do it myself, although I like DH to do it so he feels a big part in all this.
I was given some great advise from someone on this site who told me to take each day as it comes. I have done exactly this and so far things are great.
I you want to ask me any questions, please feel free to ask.
Good luck and always stay positive.
Chellejaya xxx
chellejaya
Regular

injections don't worry

Postby langton » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Hi jaimi, just wanted to write and let you know to not get yourself worked up over the injections. im a little in front of you i started my injections about two weeks ago. i was absolutly dreading them. I am such a baby. I knew i would have to give them myself , cause i didn't trust anyone else.
It was nothing. The nurse went through my first one with me. to my own suprise i just put it staight in. i swear i never felt a thing, nothing. i felt a little nervous doing it on my own but got the hang of it in no time. the worst side of them is your emotions, but there not that bad. they wasn't for me. It's just like your normal PMT. Sadly i'm a right cow with PMT so my husband says there isn't much change it that department. I did find myself crying over leavind my tea bag in my tea for too long. but then i had to laugh at myself cause i found it hillerious. Due to start my second set any time now i'll keep you posted. you'll be fine let me no how you get on.
langton
Regular

Return to Introductions