IVF-Infertility.com home

Introduction

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Introduction

Postby hmeacham » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this board. I will be starting IVF for the first time this month. I start the Synarel Nasal spray on Jan. 24 and then Bravelle and Repronex on Feb. 3.

My history:

Son born 5-28-02 - conceived naturally. He was a true miracle!

Have since had 9 miscarriages the past 3 1/2 years. Went through numerous tests and it was discover that I have a balanced chromosome translocation. This seems to be the cause of my miscarriages. The doctors have said that it is amazing that I was able to have my son.

I will now be doing IVF in addition to PGD on the embryos so only those that are healthy will be transferred back. Being that I am 26 years old, the doctor said he would only transfer 2 at the most.

I am very nervous, but looking forward to the whole process!

Is there anyone that has also had PGD in addition to the IVF?
hmeacham

Postby souris » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:37 am

Hmeacham,

welcome here!
Oh dear, I cant believe you went through 9 miscarriages, it must have been hell. The good thing now is that you know what the problem is, so you can try to resolve it. And your are blessed with your son!

I am 23 and i am starting my 2nd IVF ICSI cycle. Because of my age, like you, only 2 embies max will be transfered. (last time i had 3 transfered ( it was done abroad so different legislation) and it failed... :cry: )
ANd also it is my last chance... so you can imagine the pressure!!"

I really hope it will all work out for you
keep in touch
take care
souris
xxx
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Return to Introductions