IVF-Infertility.com home

New from Jacksonville, FL

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New from Jacksonville, FL

Postby jojopaisley » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:01 am

Hi My name is Jo.
I have been trying to conceive for 7 years now. I was 33 when we began trying. First 1.5 years we tried on our own. After the first year of trying we beganing incorporating Clomid to noavail. Finally a new doctor decided to do numerous tests to see why I wasn't getting pregnant. We found out I had endometriosis. So after 6 months of Lupron, I was told either get pregnant or have a hysterectomy. I then started seeing a fertility doctor. We did 2 IUIs with clomid, then 2 IUIs with Injextion. Nothing. Husbands sperm count is very high.
July 2004 we tried IVF for the fist time. There were 2 embies but not very strong. There cells began to break down before the transfer. I got a BFN.

We just did our second IVF on December 7th 2005 (this time using donor eggs. We transferred 3 embies, and we got a BFP. I was so excited. I just turned 40 and I was pregnant for the first time.

But, on January 5th I began to bleed. Wen't to the ER and they said I had miscarried. I went home that night and cried myself to sleep. The next morning I went to see my OBYGN and she said that my cervix was still closed so we had an ultrasound done. I was still pregnant and the was one sac, but that could not see a fetal heartbeat. I was only 6 weeks pregnant. So, I was on bedrest for the weekend if not longer. They wanted me back in on Jan. 13th for another ultrasound.
I misscarried over the weekend.

I am devastated. I am hoping we can afford to do IVF one more time. And if we can I pray that it takes.

I keep feeling I must of done something wrong to lose my baby.

Jo :cry:
Me:40 DH:39
7 yrs ttc
4 IUI's all BFN
1st IVF BFN 7/04
2nd IVF: 12/05 BFP m/c 6wks
jojopaisley

Postby Kat » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi Jo, welcome to the boards. You will get incredible support on here.
I was sorry to read your story - and please, please don't feel you are doing anything wrong. My story is similar to yours and I really feel for you. I understand the way you feel right now but the old cliche is true - it really does get better with time.
Come and join us on the over 40s thread and talk some more
Love
Kat xx
Me & DH both 41
ICSI #1 - abandoned
#2 - cancelled - DH accident
#3 - 1 transferred, bfn
#4 - 2 transferred, bfn
#5 - abandoned
#6 - no eggs at EC
#7 - DE in Barcelona - bfp but lost Dec'05
#8 - DE UK - bfn
#9 - FET Sept/Oct '07....
Kat
Regular

Postby souris » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:40 am

Hi Jo and welcome here,

I am truly sorry for your miscarriage... the girls are great here and i am sure you will get plenty of support!

Finger crossed for your next cycle

take care#
souris
xxx
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Postby jojopaisley » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Thanks Souris and Kat,
I was actually reading this forum during my 2WW and wanted to post then but afraid that I would jinx myself.
But I believe I need the support of other women who know what I am going through.
I have lots of friends who feel so bad for me but, I truly think that over the last 7 years while that have had their 2-4 babies, I really don't think they truly understand the emotions and pain that I have gone through.

One friend actually said that you were just meant for greater things. As if I was suppose to give up. They don't understand. I know she meant well but that statement made me more upset.

I so don't want to give up. Being pregnant for just 6 weeks made me realize how much I want a baby, and how much I want to be a mom.
That greater thing that I am meant for is to be a very loving and supportive mom to my child or children.

So I am here!
And very thankful that I will be able to meet new friends during my continuing journey to motherhood.
Jo
Me:40 DH:39
7 yrs ttc
4 IUI's all BFN
1st IVF BFN 7/04
2nd IVF: 12/05 BFP m/c 6wks
jojopaisley

Postby bubblymichelle » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:37 pm

Hi

I just want to say hello and welcome, you've come to the right place for support everyone is fab here. Sorry to hearthe news about your miscarriage.

Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions