IVF-Infertility.com home

Am new to this

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Am new to this

Postby guvnor » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:58 pm

Hello,

Please can you offer me some advice. My girlfriend and I recently started our IVF treatment with our blood tests being taken for HIV etc. Our next appointment is not for three months. Whilst I'm sure the results will be negative for both of us, the waiting is really painful.
Do you know if (a) the results do really take 3 months to come back, (b) if not and the results were positive, whether the hospital would contact us before the appointment, or would we have to wait until the appointment to get the results. I am so anxious about this. Please help where you can.
guvnor

Sponsor

Postby DebraP » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi there, no the results don't take 3m, most of them not even 3 days but I suspect you'll have to wait for the results until your next consultation. You could always call and ask what the procedure is because 3m is a long time to wait for that kind of info. Their policy on this should be freely available.

To help pass the next 3m you might want to read Fertility & Conception by Zita West (although she has a new one too). A fabulous guide to the subject with about 30% of the book given over IVF and other types of assisted tmt. She has lots and lots of advice on how to prepare for treatment nutritionally, lifestyle etc. The male side takes 100 days so you've just got time.....

Good luck
Debra
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby guvnor » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:27 pm

Thanks very much. I guess if there was bad news then the hospital would make it a priority to get in touch with the patient.
You have helped to put my mind at rest. Thank you.
guvnor

Postby KellyL » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:55 pm

Hi there,

I know each clinic is different, but I got my results the next day - if you are worried about anything ring the clinic and one of the nurse co-ordinators should be able to help you.

Good luck with everything

Kelly x
FET May 06 - BFP
1st Scan - 19/06/06
KellyL
Regular

Postby guvnor » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Can somebody please confirm the above post about the hospital contacting the patient in the event of a positive result
guvnor

Postby DebraP » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Hi, just bumping this up to the top as you've posted on it again.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions