IVF-Infertility.com home

Where to begin.......

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Where to begin.......

Postby PeaceNLuv » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:19 pm

Lets see...
I am from Ohio. I have been with my husband for 3 1/2 years now and together we have 4 children already. He has a daughter who will be 9 this summer and my daughters are 8 and 6 and my son is 4. I have always wanted to have a large family and he and I would love to have a child together. After I had my son (his father) did not share my plans on the large family and at the time, having my tubes tied seemed like the best plan. I regret that decision so very much. Very soon after that we parted, and I met my wondeful husband!
After talking to the doctor that performed the tubal, he said a reversal would be pointless and IVF would be my best choice.
While my husband would love to do this, he is not so excited of the cost. We are saving as much as we can and are hoping that by this time next year we can accomplish our goal.
My family is not being supportive, we haven't discussed it with his. We know all would be welcoming to another baby in our family... the process (and cost) is what seems to be hindering everyones joy.
I am hoping that by coming here I can find others who understand my situation. I do not know anyone who has had IVF and would love to have someone to talk to. I am trying to find as much information as possible so I know what to expect when we are ready to do this.

Sorry for the long intro.
Thanks

PeaceNLuv
PeaceNLuv

Postby souris » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi there peacenluv,

i just wanted to welcome you, and i hope you will get the support you need here. Although i do not have children of my own (but my hubby do), i fully understand your need to have a child with him. I hope your dream will come true. All i can say is be patient, that's the key to sanity when going through IVF

Take care
Souris
xxx
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Return to Introductions