IVF-Infertility.com home

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Postby lorraine green » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:35 pm

hi,although im new to this site i have been reading everyones messages for a couple of years.its comforting to know that im not the only one gone through ivf.you can tend to feel very alone sometimes.i also realise how lucky i am that my second treatment was a success and i am 33wks and 2days pregnant with twins.just counting down the days now to meet our new arrivals.
i had to have ivf because after my 3rd child was born i was sterilised.i then met my now hubby and we wanted to have a baby together.would love to hear from anyone in a simular situation.
lainy
lorraine green

Sponsor

Postby bubblymichelle » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:14 am

Just want to say hello adn welcome, you will get some great support here.
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby 032323 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:22 pm

Hi Lainy

Congratulations on you coming new arrivals!!

I too was sterilised at 40 years old then met my now hubby and totally regretted it!

I have tried ivf 4 times! and on my last attempt in Feb had 2 good embryos transfered - It would have been just fantastic for it to have worked and for us to have had twins but unfortunately it didnt.

But, we havent given up hope and hope to try again as soon as we have had our follow up appt and are given the go ahead.

Do you mind my asking how old you are? I am now 43 years old!

Caz x
Regular

Postby lorraine green » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:46 am

bubblymichelle wrote:Just want to say hello adn welcome, you will get some great support here.
Shell.
xx
thankyou for your reply.where are you in treatment or are you pregnant.hope you dont mind me asking.L.
lainy
lorraine green

Postby lorraine green » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:56 am

032323 wrote:Hi Lainy

Congratulations on you coming new arrivals!!

I too was sterilised at 40 years old then met my now hubby and totally regretted it!

I have tried ivf 4 times! and on my last attempt in Feb had 2 good embryos transfered - It would have been just fantastic for it to have worked and for us to have had twins but unfortunately it didnt.

But, we havent given up hope and hope to try again as soon as we have had our follow up appt and are given the go ahead.

Do you mind my asking how old you are? I am now 43 years old!

Caz x
hi sorry to hear it didnt work again.i am 33yrs old.if you can keep going it does work.you are very brave i was very anxious with just my second attempt.i dont know how you feel about alternative therapys,but with my 2nd attempt i had acupuncture along side treatment and feel that that did help.it is proven to increase chances by 50%.only see someone who has treated along side ivf before,and ask your consultant what he thinks,mine was very supportive.also loads on the web about its success rates.i wish you all the very best of luck.xx xx
lainy
lorraine green

Postby 032323 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:52 pm

Hi Lainy

Yes I know what you are saying about accupuncture as through speaking on here I got to hear about a book by a lady called Zita West and she recomends all sorts of alternative therapys and vitamins etc so shall definately be signing up for some before my next attempt. At my age I need all the help I can get. Its also great to know that you feel it helped for you.

Do you know the sex of your babies or do you want it to be a surprise?
Also did you have ivf with icsi?

Caz x
Regular

Postby NickiMark » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:24 pm

Hi and welcome!!!

You certainly will get help and support here. I am here daily, addicted I think!!!

Not in your same boat but hope I can support u if u need it xxxx
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby lorraine green » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:38 am

032323 wrote:Hi Lainy

Yes I know what you are saying about accupuncture as through speaking on here I got to hear about a book by a lady called Zita West and she recomends all sorts of alternative therapys and vitamins etc so shall definately be signing up for some before my next attempt. At my age I need all the help I can get. Its also great to know that you feel it helped for you.

Do you know the sex of your babies or do you want it to be a surprise?
Also did you have ivf with icsi?

Caz x
no we dont know the sex of the babies,we were very tempted to find out but so glad we didnt now.at our last scan though the babies were showing to be 5lb and 6lb in weight.cant quite beleive it.No we didnt have icsi first attempt we got 3 embryos second time we got 5 embryos,so not as good a result as i was hoping for but you only need 1 for a result.Any less i would of certainly used icsi.It is recommended to start acupunture a few weeks before treatment start so your body dont have too many things happening all at once,i started about a month before.
lainy
lorraine green

Postby lorraine green » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:56 am

NickiMark wrote:Hi and welcome!!!

You certainly will get help and support here. I am here daily, addicted I think!!!

Not in your same boat but hope I can support u if u need it xxxx
Thats very kind of you.please if there is anything you would like answered or just some one to talk to please send me a message and i will get back to you.hope all goes well with your next treatment.i dont know if this is any help to you but i found a book called fertlility &conception by zita west.dont know about you but i found that there is not enough information about fertility problems etc available and this was the only book that i found helpfull.Lxx
lainy
lorraine green

Return to Introductions