IVF-Infertility.com home

Returning member

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Returning member

Postby WendyRich » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:48 am

Hi there everyone.

Thought I would check in again as I need advice on the next step, FET.
We had 3 -ive IUI's, and then first IVF produced twins. We are so lucky to have 2 beautiful daughters now aged 3 1/2 years :D :D and would like to try for a 3rd child with our frozen embryos.

After treatment we had 3 embroys frozen. Does anyone have any advice about how many to defrost? We dont want to risk having twins again but the chances we are told, are much lower with only one embryo put back. Also has anyone had a sucessful FET after IVF? Hoping to start treatment next month.

I know many people on the site are still going through so much just to have one child and my fingers are crossed for you. :)

Wendy
WendyRich

Postby Eminde » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:57 am

Hello Wendy

Although I can't advise you about how many embies to defrost I just wanted to wish you luck for your FET. Have your clinic advised you already or is it for you to decide? I have recently had my first FET and I assume they defrosted 2 as my dr didn't tell me otherwise. I had 2 transfered and will know later today the result. These next couple of hours will be the worst :wink:

Good luck to you. You could also post on the general forum.

Eminde xx
Me 32, DH 43, TTC 3+ years
3 failed IUIs: 2005
IVF Nov 05: cancelled
IVF Feb 06: -ve
FET Mar 06: +ve!!!!
Eminde
Regular

Postby WendyRich » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:25 pm

Hi Eminde

I have my fingers crossed for you. Hope all goes well.

We can discuss things further with the embryologist but it is ultimately our decision how many to defrost and put back. Just wanted to know what others have done!
I will probably post question again on general forum as you suggested.
Thanks.

Speak to you soon. Good Luck.

Wendy
WendyRich

Postby Susie » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi Wendy,
We had this problem when going for our 2nd ICSI as we didnt really want twins, and I spoke to the doctor about it.
He said if your first IVF works well then the chances of IVF / FET working next time are much higher. He advised if I defineately could not cope with twins to only have 1 embryo replaced. In the end we had 2 put back, but only got pg with a singleton.
I am planning on having a FET in January next year when Ryan is 1. On the advise of my doctor I am going to defrost 2 but only put one back if both defrost, as I couldnt cope with twins at all now.
Personally if you dont want twins again I would probably advise you do the same, but i guess your doctor will have done this before, so will maybe have some success rates.
Good luck and let me know how you get on
Susie
Me 37, DH 53 Male & female factor
1st ICSI +ve, a daughter born 2001
2nd ICSI +ve, a son born 2006
Susie
Regular

Postby walsh » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:59 am

:D wow one set of twins sounds like alot of work and lots of fun.lol but two sets of twins wow let us know how thata turns out i wish u nothing but the best. i did what to say i grew up with a family that had two sets of twins (girls) and there was never a quite moment in that house this was back in the day before ivf it was just one of those things that just ran in the family. :D
walsh

Return to Introductions