IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello everyone. Can I join you?

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello everyone. Can I join you?

Postby Caty » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:58 pm

Hi All

I have stumbled across your forum; I hope it is ok to join?

My name is Cate and I am 32 years old. I have a soon-to-be 4 year old son born by IVF (first attempt after 2 failed IUIs). We have been undergoing our attempts for a second child for almost 2 years now. 2 failed IVFs, 1 failed FET and several non-starters due to poor hormone levels, response etc. It makes us realise how lucky we were first time around. We were considered 'unexplained' - a nasty tag - until recently. Recent tests have shown that my FSH is often raised on cd2, giving rise to the possibility of poor ovarian reserve and poor egg quality!

We have just gone through our 3rd IVF attempt. I had ET on Saturday (2 x 2-day embies, both top grade..none in reserve) and of course the knicker-checking and twinge-analysing has begun in earnest. I am comparing all symptoms or lack thereof to previous cycles, as you do! I need to escape my own head already; to add to the torture, my clinic makes you wait 17 days before testing!!! Of course I'll cave before then.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope to speak to some of you soon.

Cate
Caty
Regular

Sponsor

Postby Corinna » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:51 am

Hi Cate,

Just HAD to reply being a Manc gal myself!! :D

Where are you having treatment? I'm at Care in Mcr..

I've not actually started treatment yet. Its going to be June/July. We're having ICSI (male & female factor-JOY!!), but I already have a 12 year old daughter from a previous relationship (natural conception). Problems started when I had 2 ectopics about 6 yrs ago. Had my tubes removed so IVF/ICSI is our only option. :?

Its so awesome that you have a little boy from ICSI. It gives me hope for a start!!

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to the board. Its great and you'll get lots of advice and support!!

xx :D :D
Me31.DH39.DD14 (natural conception with college BF)
No tubes (2 Ectopics in 2000 with ex)
DH non obstructive azoospermia.
ICSI July 06-BFN
FET Sept 06-BFN
ICSI with donor sperm Aug 07-BF?????
Corinna
Regular

Postby Caty » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:40 pm

Hi Corinna

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am having treatment at MFS, but I have heard a lot of good things about CARE. I hope it all works out for you. Sorry to hear about your ectopics. We didn't actually have ICSI with our son, just IVF, but still it's v. positive.

Where in Manc are you?
Caty
Regular

Postby Corinna » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:47 pm

Hi Caty,

I'm in Brooklands. Its a funny place to live cos your on the borders of Sale, Timperley and Wythenshawe! How about you??

BTW, When is results day!?! Wishing you loads of luck!! :D :D
ICSI July 06-BFN
FET Sept 06-BFN
Corinna
Regular

Postby Caty » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:56 pm

I know Brooklands. I have an aunt who lives in Sale Moor. I am the other side of the Trafford Centre in Eccles, not far at all.

Test date is 25th April. That's a Tuesday. I am thinking I probably won't make it past the Friday (i.e. a week on Friday) without doing an HPT.
Caty
Regular

Postby Corinna » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:19 am

Hi Caty.

Eccles! No way! I've got quite a few friends that live in Eccles!!

Anyway, hold off from that HPT!! You've only got a week to wait. Saying that, I can't bloody talk. I'll be climbing the walls when its my 2ww!! Are you resting, etc??

How have you found the treatment all in all?? How did the down regging & stimming drugs effect you?? I'm really nervous. I suffer with quite bad anxiety and panic attacks, and I'm worried that the various drugs will trigger all this again! :? :shock:

xx :)
ICSI July 06-BFN
FET Sept 06-BFN
Corinna
Regular

Postby Caty » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:03 pm

That's freaky!! I may know them....oooh best not mention any names then! lol :D

I am on the short protocol so I don't down-reg as such. I start the Buserlin and the Fostimon virtually at the same time. I am usually ready for recovery by around day 8-10, so I think I am pretty lucky in that respect. The whole process only lasts a couple of weeks, max. I don't mind the physical aspect, I hate the emotional side of it. Making the daily calls knowing the cycle could be cancelled at any moment.

With my son, we were lucky with the first IVF so we didn't really realise how many things could actually go wrong. This time we have had 2 (or it could be 3) cancelled cycles at some point or other during the treatment. Even this time everything was going to plan but then I developed a small rash and the threat of a viral infection caused the docs to start pacing the corridors again. Anyway, it turned out to be nothing.

I too suffer with panic attacks though have been great since get hypnotherapy last year! I still have the odd minor one; these are brought on my another problem I have (ulcerative colitis) not this treatment. They are so debilitating aren't they?

Which drugs will you be taking?
Caty
Regular

Postby smooch » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:32 pm

hi everyone im smooch and this is my first visit to your site.. i hope you dont mind me joining, you are all very supportive. im sure we will have a few laughs along the way...
smooch

Postby NickiMark » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:00 am

Hi, of course u can join. I wish u the best of luck honey xx
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby Caty » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:52 pm

Hi Smooch, welcome aboard. What's your story?
Caty
Regular

Return to Introductions