IVF-Infertility.com home

hi im new here- need help with a clomid question

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

hi im new here- need help with a clomid question

Postby Amirah » Thu May 04, 2006 1:07 pm

Hi everyone- my name is Amirah and i am new to this site. Ive read over posts from you ladies for the past few days, and it seems like i may have found alot of strong, experienced, and knowledgable women willing to share their experiences to help others. Ill tell you a little bit about my story, so you all can get to know a little bit about me.....Im 26yrs DH 30 yrs old married 1 yr, together 5- we have been ttc for about 4 yrs unsuccessfully. He had seman analysis which was fine, and me- HSG- no blockage. So now, they started me on Clomid- and i just finished on Sunday 4/31- and i have to go in for post cotial test on Friday- 5/5 i just wanted to get a better feeling of whats going to happen next. I also dont have my hopes too high because (tell me if im wrong) but it dosent seem to work on just the first try of clomid. From what ive read, it seems to take a few months to work- or it works with combination of IUI of IVF-
Again- any info or advise from you ladies would be greatly appreciated[/quote][/b]
Amirah

Postby foster » Thu May 04, 2006 2:10 pm

Hi Amirah

One thing I have learnt from the boards is that there are many differing opinions on whats what from our doctors. However, my understanding of Clomid from my doctor is that if it is going to work on its own without other assisted techniques ie IUI or IVF then you have the greatest chance of success within the first three months or so of trying. If it hasn't worked within six months then move up a step.

If I remember correctly Clomid should not be taken for more than six months at a time without a break. My doctor also described its use as "reving the engine" so to speak. I never got to use Clomid on its own but I did use it for my one and only IUI cycle. I have not used it with my IVF cycle.

Hopefully you just need to rev your engine so good luck with whatever you decide and hope that you have success.

Foster
Foster
foster

Postby Littlebint72 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:58 pm

Hi Amirah

I've been on Chlomid for 11 months now with a 1 month break. After 3 months they upped the dosage to 100mg. Unfortunately i havent got pregnant and i hope to start IVF next month.

However we are all different and medicines work in all different ways. So keep your chin up, think positive and listen to what the doctors tell you. They may up your dosage too.

I wish you all the luck in the world - keep positive

Debs xx
Littlebint72

Return to Introductions