IVF-Infertility.com home

Aberdeen Newbie!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Aberdeen Newbie!

Postby Clarity37 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:26 am

Hi all,

I'd like to say hello and introduce myself. I'm 37 and DH is 35. We have attempted IVF 6 times without any success - and are currently on attempt #7 (2 week wait). This is the last time we will be doing IVF and so it's abit of a nail-biting time! No pressure huh?!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and am interested in everyone else's experiences - good or otherwise.

(Also if there are any men out there in a similar situation who would like to share their thoughts regarding IVF with my husband as he finds it an almost impossible issue to bring up with friends.)

Look forward to chatting with you! :)
Clarity37

Sponsor

Re: Aberdeen Newbie!

Postby Moritsha » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:41 pm

Hi Clarity Image I too am from Aberdeen. I'm about to start my 2nd go. OMG 6 times. You must be skint! We're really lucky that we got our last cycle funded and this one will be funded and a FET if this one doesn't work. Did you get your first 3 funded? Have you manage to get a positive at all? Have the clinic changed your protocol? They say that if you've had a lot of BFN that there might be something wrong with your blood or could have the killer cells. Have you been tested for any of these? My friend's friend had 10 shots of IVF and on her 10th go she got a BFP. I admire you for going through will all those attempts. I really hope this will be your turn for that BFP. Great to hear another Aberdonian. Good luck on your 2WW. It's hell isn't it. Hope to hear from you soon. Paula x :lol:
ME 36 DH 31
TTC 3 yrs
ICSI April 2006 _ive
IVF Sept 2006 BFP sadly lost 4 wks 6 days

Moritsha
Regular

Postby Clarity37 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:02 pm

Paula,

Thanks for the welcome - dispite it being abit insensitive at various points - I do appreciate the overall sentiment.

PS Who at the clinic spoke to you about "killer cells" or problem blood :?:

Clarity
Clarity37

Re: Aberdeen Newbie!

Postby Moritsha » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Clarity, I'm very sorry you thought my message was insensitive. The clinic didin't mention anything about KC or problem blood. I found out the information for forums on this site. I was only trying to be helpful and supportive but obviously not in your opinion! Paula
ME 36 DH 31
TTC 3 yrs
ICSI April 2006 _ive
IVF Sept 2006 BFP sadly lost 4 wks 6 days

Moritsha
Regular

Aberdeen clinic

Postby nictor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:59 pm

Hi Clarity,how are you im from Aberdeen too,have so far had 2 failed cycles of ivf my review appointment is wednesday,and am hoping to go for FET with my july AF,have you had FET before or all ivf cycles,wow 10 times,im freaking out after my 2nd attempt and wondering how much more i can put myself through,i went to buy a new sky control for DP (world cup mania) and then went for a browse round mothercare at berryden,imagining what cot,oram,etc i'd pick if it works,am i the only one that does nutty things like this..Take care,lots of luck..Nicola..xxx
nictor..
nictor
Regular

aberdeen clinic

Postby nictor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:01 pm

Sorry Clarity,i realise you had 6 attempts so far and not 10..whoops!!!
nictor..
nictor
Regular

Return to Introductions