IVF-Infertility.com home

New From San Antonio

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New From San Antonio

Postby qedtanya » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi all. My name is Tanya, I'm 36, married for the 2nd time to a 27 (almost 28) year old with no kids of his own - I have three from prev. marriage. I was on the verge of having a hysterectomy for period problems when doctor said that if we really wanted to have a baby, now would be the perfect time to try and that IVF would be the best option. We're not familiar with this process and are really discouraged by low success rates but set up a consult for next Friday anyway. How many of you have acutally gotten preg. on the first IVF cycle? Is it possible? We can't afford to go through more than one cycle and I'm really scared. Any advice would be welcome!

Tanya Trout
qedtanya

Postby AMck » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:43 am

Hi Tanya and welcome to the site. The world of IVF can be daunting but you will soon get the hang of it all. Just take one step at time. The ladies on this forum are fantastic , offering support and advice.
Everyone here also reads books by a IVF expert called Zita West so it is worth getting hold of one. The book called 'Fertility and Conception' is great , she explains everything really clearly. ...... oh by the way we are not on commission...they really are worth looking at!!

Come and join the general forum , there are lots of ladies there going through treatment at the same time as you , it helps to share experiences!

Good luck with your tmt

Anna
Me 44, DP 42 ttc 3yrs
7 cancelled IVF cycles during 2005/6
ED tmt at IM June 06 BFN
ED tmt at IM July 06 BFP
Matthew born 23/3/07
AMck
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions