IVF-Infertility.com home

IUI support from family

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

IUI support from family

Postby kdevault1969 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:47 am

Hi! I come here with mixed emotions, as I am SO excited to be pursuing IUI fertility after 10 years of thinking I could not have children after having 1.5 ovaries removed from endometriosis.
Finally, at 37, I have decided to pursue a donor - and have found one. My mother, however is completely irrational and unsupportive.

I am going to be inseminated on July 6, 7, or 8th, and SO happy about it, but also upset, because my mother is so beligerently unsupportive about this. Has anyone else had this issue with family who meant so much? I want to be pregnant with my mother's help and support, not with her selfish anger.
kdevault1969

FAMILIES

Postby nictor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:32 am

hi how are you? First of let me say i think its great that your finally gonna get a chance to be a mum,im sorry about your mum but we all have to do whats best for us,i didnt tell anyone i was doing my 1st ivf,then when it failed i told my family as i was really upset and thought theyd wonder why,well my dad wasnt happy which led to an arguement and we didnt speak till 16 june and that was from 28 january ive since failed a 2nd cycle and am now waiting to do FET,and ive just told him straight he doesnt have to suuport me but im doing it anyway and if it makes me happy surely thats all that matters..try not to let it bother you,i know easier sais than done..Take care..Nicola..xx
nictor..
nictor
Regular

Postby Xrayem » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:55 am

Hi Nictor and kde,

Wow, I am so lucky to have my family! I never realised it until reading your posts. I am so sorry to hear that both your families have been unsupportive. How totally selfish of them. They have not been in your situation, so how dare they be critical of you for trying to obtain the most fundamental need on earth - the need to produce offspring. I am assuming this has to do with religious beliefs?

My family are catholic and I was a little concerned about how they'd react but they have all been great.

I wish there was something I could tell you to make it easier. Just stick to your guns and do what you need to to get your family. They will have to come around to be part it or else they risk losing you and your babies. Their love for you will overcome religios beliefs and if it doesn't, well then its their loss, not yours.

I wish you the best of luck.
Em
TTC 5yrs - Unexplained Infertility
3xIUI's (April, June & Aug 06) - BFN,s
1st IVF - Oct 06 - Jasper & Finlay born 07/06/07
Natural preg - Addison Grace born 15/10/08
Xrayem
Regular

families

Postby nictor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:21 pm

Hi Em,no my dads view was a personal thing not a religious thing,and i also am totally ignoring his point,im 34 extremely happy with my partner,and feel its all my choice,ive my review tommorow and am hoping to have FET within the next 4 weeks so fingers crossed its 3rd time lucky for me,Take care..Nicola..xxx
nictor..
nictor
Regular

Return to Introductions