IVF-Infertility.com home

Not sure where I belong

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Not sure where I belong

Postby brit10 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:01 am

I've been desperately looking for somewhere that I fit in, for others that understand what I'm going through. I've been dealing with infertility for 5 years now. My husband and I are both 31.

I tried to get pregnant with my (now ex) husband. Through an HSG test, they found tubal blockage. Fast forward 4 years. I am now remarried and TTC with my new husband. I had a laparoscopy in January to clear my tubes of "debris." No infection, no PID, no endo. Just debris that the RE thinks may have been there since birth. He gave me 6-9 months to get pregnant naturally - it was my choice not to use clomid.

We've now tried 4 months with no pregnancy. We went back to the RE today hoping to get some more tests, more answers, something. The RE recommended IVF. Based on my regular cycles (not testing), he thinks my hormones are fine and my husband's previous semen anaylsis was normal. He'll test my progesterone on CD23, but otherwise said IVF would be our best chance.

The good news is that we have the opportunity to be part of an IVF study and to have it done for free. Seems like a no-brainer, right? So why am I so freaked out?

I'm in denial, I think. By accepting IVF, it means that I'm officially "infertile" and I've been avoiding that label for years. I can't believe I had surgery in January for nothing. I thought that it would offer a cure, but just seemed to delay the inevitable....IVF.
brit10
Regular

Sponsor

hi

Postby kdc2006 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:25 am

brit....IVF is scary.....its really stressful...but if your being offered it free then take the chance!!!!

other women in your shoes are not as lucky...... i had trouble trying to concieve....ive had lots of treatments but where im living now the NHS dont pay for the operation i need on my fallopion tubes so i embarked on IVF and went private....

kareen x
me 33 dp 29
cyst removed 1996
abnormal cells treated 1998 CIN3
endometriosis&tube damage since

kdc2006
Regular

Postby kristin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:56 am

dear brit
i also found the prospect of ivf terribly daunting but once I started it all felt so much better and I was so relieved i was finally doing something! You have time to keep trying naturally but I now wish I had started this all much sooner as the waiting and waiting with nothing happening was the hardest part for me.

good luck with your choice. Free treatment is an incredible offer... tell us more! I am sure many people here would be interested to learn about it!

love
kristin
me 36, dh 47
ttc 2 years
May 06: ivf + icsi: BFP- little gal born feb 07
kristin
Regular

Thanks!

Postby brit10 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:25 pm

Thank you so much for the support.

I know I'm very lucky to be given a chance to have this done for free. We haven't even seen the lengthy consent form yet or had any testing done. We might up end disqualified before we have a chance to begin.

The study is for a new drug that's very similar to one already being used. I will not know if I will get the new drug or the old one. A lot of my questions will hopefully be answered when we receive the consent form in the next week.
brit10
Regular

Postby AuntyPebbles » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:04 pm

Hi Brit,
i can tell you where you fit you fit right in here with all of us and there are a lot of us... i know what you mean about the blow of being told your journey wont be the usually expected way of concieving and you have to grieve that it will help but your not lost or alone.

your not infertile we just need to do things a little more exciting way to get our babies and think how many people get a picture of there children at the age of 4-8 cells old thats the most beautiful thing to see well it was for me

wishing you loads of luck hope you can take this step and see it as a step forward

hugs Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby Larn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Dear Aunty Pebbles et al

That is such a lovely way to look at it - I'm now waiting for my first cycle - after seeing if I'll need a 2nd laporotomy, so am feeling pretty challenged about it - but I like your outlook! If we get a BFP after all of this we'd better get a well behaved one, because I think we all deserve it! :wink:

Good luck Brit - it'll all be worthwhile...

Larn x
TTC 3yrs
Me 34 DH 33
PCOS & Endometriosis
Larn

Postby AuntyPebbles » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:28 am

Hi Larn,
im pleased you found this place there are some awsome women who will be there for you ... whats your history? if you dont mind me asking,

i am actually pleased now that i have a deffinate no way will you have a child the old fashiond way... :wink: it gives some sort of closeur to it and after time you get so you say well ok so how do we fix it...well thats what i do with my DR ... first set of tests i get told im very high FSH so really dont have many good eggs at all ...my answer was mmm ok but i do have some and im willing to take the crusty ones...there my crusty ones and i will love them anyway.... turns out i did very well considering ...try to hold on to the DR's sometimes get it wrong.... i hope you get all your answers soon so you can move forward with your dream

your so right we do deserve it and it/they better behave or i will get my IVF diary out and flash some stretch marks...(only kidding) :wink:

hugs baby dust Debz

AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby Larn » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi Debs

We've been ttc for 3 years, since we got married. i've known I had PCOS for years and years so was told it would be hard to conceive. Then finally met the right man in DH and hit problems, but didn't realise I had severe endometriosis which they found via laporoscopy 18 months ago, and a year ago I had a laporotomy. Nothing doing since so we're beginning IVF in the next couple of months once they've checked my endo hasn't returned. So this is new to me, but this site is really good as I have no friends going through this (that I know of!) and so feel a little isolated. I have 5 friends due in the next couple of months so I am finding that tough. But hey ho at least we're doing something about it now. Sorry for the life history bit there...

I see that you've got d-day in a couple of days, I really hope this is it for you, and sending you lots of luck over the water! And thanks for the advice too,

Larn xx
TTC 3yrs
Me 34 DH 33
PCOS & Endometriosis
Larn

Postby AuntyPebbles » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:06 am

Hi again Larn,
you know i just read somewhere on here (go to way to many boards...nosey) a lady with endo thats pregnant so dont you let them tell you its over if you have that cos thats rubbish... have to say i did a HPT and a neg so doesnt look good for me this time... only two days left till the fat lady sings so they say... i still have time for hope many of the ladys on the general board have kicked me into PMA (gotta love em).. i wish you all the best when you start come on over you will get tons of support.... hugs Debz

AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby IVFSwitzerland » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Well I live in Switzerland and have to pay for everything here - boo hoo
:(
IVFSwitzerland

Return to Introductions