IVF-Infertility.com home

Another Newbie

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Another Newbie

Postby Larn » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:06 pm

Hello everyone

Just thought I'd say hi to introduce myself -

I've spent some time today having a good read - this site is great and a huge relief. We've been TTC for 3 years and it seems to get harder, I've been in denial for a while, but after laparoscopy, a laporotomy to open me up and clear the endometriosis (doesn't seem to have worked) and endless tests over the last 3 years we finally have our first appointment to get on the IVF list tomorrow morning so it's all going to happen now - I hope...

It's great to have finally found somewhere to chat to people in the same boat - i have lots of lovely friends but this year they're nearly all preggers, and I find it hard - especially I've been trying longer than them. I sound competitive but its not about that.

Anyway, hello people and if anyone has been to Roehampton (Queen Marys) for treatment I'd love to hear from you.

Larn x
TTC 3yrs
Me 34 DH 33
PCOS & Endometriosis
Larn

Sponsor

Postby Kat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:44 pm

Hi
Just spotted your message - welcome to the site
I had all my treatments at Queen Mary's and everyone there was lovely. They even supported me with scans etc when I had DE tmt in Spain even though they didn't have to. Anna (AMcK) has been under QMH as well.
Good luck and hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow.
Lots of love
Kat xx
Me & DH both 41
ICSI #1 - abandoned
#2 - cancelled - DH accident
#3 - 1 transferred, bfn
#4 - 2 transferred, bfn
#5 - abandoned
#6 - no eggs at EC
#7 - DE in Barcelona - bfp but lost Dec'05
#8 - DE UK - bfn
#9 - FET Sept/Oct '07....
Kat
Regular

Postby Ems1971 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:39 am

Hi Larn
Just thought I would say Hi. Like you I have severe endometriosis and have been in hospital 4 times in the last 2 years for operations, 2 of which were laparotomy, to free adhesions. Its been a long long 4 years of ttc but now we are just about to start our 1st IVF and I am feeling positive. All of my close friends are having babies so I know how you feel. My best friend is due in 3 weeks and another close friend 6 weeks later. Its all we seem to talk about and sometimes I find it so hard. But DH and I have decided we are going to concentrate on this for the next few weeks and keep everything crossed we get a positive result. Its about time we had some luck sent our way!
Hang in there and I wish you lots of luck with your next step. :)
ME 38 DH 32
Severe Endo
1st IVF Sept 06 - BFN
2nd IVF Jan 07 - BFP! Ruby May born 24.10.07
3rd IVF March 10 - BFP on 30.3.10! Iris Josephine born 1.12.10
Our family is complete
Ems1971
Regular

Postby Larn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Dear Kat / Em

Thank you so much for replying to my note. its really lovely to feel like I'm not alone.

Kat, thank you for letting me know about Roehampton. You were right, they have been lovely this morning - I saw Mrs Bevan who was really nice, and then a lady called Katie. They have said that the NHS list for IVF is 2 years :? Can't believe its so long. Anyway can't wait that long so it looks like we're going to bite the bullet and go for it later this year.

Kat I read your history and you have been through a tonne of emotional stuff. I admire you for getting on here and giving encouragement to new recruits to the site like me. Thank you and I hope things are good for you.

Ems, it sounds like you're a bit ahead of the game from me, I was also told that I might need a 2nd laporotomy to clear the ovaries of my endo - I have had it pretty bad in the past - but won't know that until end of July when I have a scan. If I don't need that then its straight on to IVF which will probably be in September. I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for your cycle in July, please stay in touch because I'd like to know how you're getting on, and if you want an email-yell or bawl then please feel free to use me!

Anyway I'm glad today is over and onwards and upwards to the scan...

love Larn xxx
TTC 3yrs
Me 34 DH 33
PCOS & Endometriosis
Larn

Postby Kat » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:12 am

Hi

Forgot to say before - if you are under Kingston they will finance more than one cycle if you have a good response with your first NHS cycle ie if you look like a reasonably good bet. I didn't but they still paid for the drugs for a second cycle for me. There was also something else about if it's in a different financial year's budget you could get another full cycle too but I can't remember the details. Here's hoping you never need it anyway and you have success with your private tmt.

The whole thing, successful or otherwise, is an emotional rollercoaster but DH and I both agree it has brought us much closer so some good has come out of all of it.

Best of luck & lots of love
Kat xx
Me & DH both 41
ICSI #1 - abandoned
#2 - cancelled - DH accident
#3 - 1 transferred, bfn
#4 - 2 transferred, bfn
#5 - abandoned
#6 - no eggs at EC
#7 - DE in Barcelona - bfp but lost Dec'05
#8 - DE UK - bfn
#9 - FET Sept/Oct '07....
Kat
Regular

Postby Larn » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Hi Kat,

Thank you for that, I hope that we'll have some success before then, as two years is a very big wait. But I have heard quite negative stuff about Surrey PCT and that they are anti paying for IVF, so knowing that could be really useful in the future.

Thanks again and good luck with you too, Lx
TTC 3yrs
Me 34 DH 33
PCOS & Endometriosis
Larn

Return to Introductions