IVF-Infertility.com home

Hubby in New Jersey

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hubby in New Jersey

Postby Kabillion » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:17 pm

Hello all. I've been reading this site for some time now, reading both the good news and the bad. My wife and I are undergoing our first IVF this week - EC is Thursday and transplant Sunday... I am scared to death.

I have been trying to show a brave face for my wife, but as we get closer to the date s I feel myself starting to feel helpless. We're both 36 years old and want our first child more than anything in the world.

I am anxious not so much for myself, but for my wife. I only want the best for her and feel absolutely helpless in this situation. I want to help her out in SOME way, but other than support and prayer, there isn't much I can do. I wish there was some way to slant the odds, but I guess there isn't outside of what I am already doing. That doesn't mean that I won't take suggestions however!!!!

I'm not sure why I decided to write this post, but for some unexplained reason I keep crying when I read that someone has has a success - I'm not jealous or wallowed in self-pity - I just get incredibly sad when I read that someone has had a successful pregnancy through IVF because (as of yet) it isn't my wife.

I love her so damned much... God, if you listen to prayers please allow my wife to get pregnant. She is such a deserving mother.

Thank you for reading my rant :)
1st IVF July 2006 BFP!!!!
Twin Boys : )

Check out my cuties! www.gaudtwins.com

Kabillion
Regular

Sponsor

Postby souris » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:39 pm

Hello devoted husband and welcome here.
You are doing what your wife needs you to: being supportive and patient. And it is very normal to be scared. I too cry when I see my buddies getting pregnant, 1) because I am so happy for them and 2) because I wish it was me... But our time will come one day or the other!!
Good luck with the transfer tomorrow, it is the easy part, dont worry for your wife it is painless. I am wishing you both good luck for the 2 weeks wait and hope to read some happy news in a couple of weeks!

xxx
Souris
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Postby Sonix » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:33 pm

Hello there and welcome to the board!

Your wife is very lucky to have you being so supportive and understanding. That’s exactly what she needs and it really is the best way you can help.
Feeling so emotional is totally understandable and normal. Whilst going through treatment I found it helped to try and take one day at a time (diificult, i know) and be pleased about each little success instead of looking too far ahead. Like Souris says, your time will come.

Don’t worry about EC and ET. It all sounds a lot worse than it is and your wife will cope fine with your support. You’ll soon be on the 2ww. So take good care of yourselves and do keep us posted.

Wishing you both lots of luck
Son xx
Me 41, DH 42; ttc 6 yrs.
3x IUI & 5 IVF cycles (incl. 3 abandoned IVF cycles)
from end 2005 to begin. 2007
started DE treatment abroad
Sonix
Regular

Postby Kabillion » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:33 am

Thank you for your support! I think I'm more worried than my wife is - she seems so focused and I'm a wreck.

Her retrieval is now offically scheduled for 9am Thursday EST. I am giving her the HCG injection in 90 minutes!!!

Kabillion
Regular

Postby Smita » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:43 am

Good Luck to both of you and come join the general forum and post there- you'll get lots of support on your 2 week wait!!

cheers,
smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby Zed2003 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:01 pm

Good luck over the next few days.

This is a rollercoaster of a ride and you have every right to feel the way you do - it's perfectly normal and unedrstandable.

You are clearly very supportive and that's what your wife needs - just remember not to forget yourself in this whole process. Maybe this site will be an outlet for you, but talk to your wife too..

Take care
Zoe
1st IVF - Easter 2002 - neg
2nd IVF - Summer 2002 - pos, but M/C 8 wks
3rd IVF Summer 2003 - pos with beautiful baby boy
April 2006 - miracles happen - positive naturally day after receiving IVF letter to start again! Another beautiful boy
Zed2003
Regular

Postby Kabillion » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:29 pm

Just got back from egg collection session. 19 eggs usable. I hope that is enough for a few to become fertilized for us to go through with the implantation stage!!!

Kabillion
Regular

Postby Kabillion » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Update: As it stands, there are 7 blastocysts that are eligible for transfer tomorrow morning. We are nervous, but confident. Anybody go through something similar?

Kabillion
Regular

Postby Smita » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:31 am

post on the general forum of this board- you'll get lots of support..and yep, it is pretty nerve racking

good luck,
smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby Kabillion » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:29 pm

Well, they transfered 2 blastocysts yesterday and next Thursday (the 13th!!) we get the results. To say that we're scared is an understatement.

All of this has shown me one thing though, I love my wife more than anything. If it doesn't work this cycle, then we'll try it again if she is game.

I feel guilty, as if this is somehow my fault, but I know its just my mind playing tricks on me. I pray for success often - I just want to see my wife happy.

Ok, must go to work. Wife is off for two days on rest - will return to work this Friday. That should be ok, right?

Kabillion
Regular

Postby souris » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:16 pm

Hey devoted hubby!

Congratulations! 2 blast is great!

Yeah , if your wife feels good, there is no problems about going back to work ( but nothing physical !!)

Good luck for the 13th.
And what a good number, 7 blastocysts! No problems with the fertilisation!!

take care.
If you want to post on the general forum, it is a lot more busy
cant wait to see your good news!
xxx
souris
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

God bless you with a child

Postby Lavender » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:34 pm

Hi Kabillion,

I totally understand your feeling. You have such a good heart and love your wife so much. I am sure God will answer your prayers. Goodluck!

Lavender, NJ
Lavender

Postby Welshgirl38 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi,
Sorry to bump this thread but i want to know the outcome? Does anybody know, did Kabillion get his/her BFP ?????

1 IVF=BFN 2 IVF=BFN 3 IVF=BFP :) m/c @ 8 wks :( 4 IVF=BFN
We must now let go of the life we had planned, to live the life waiting for us..

Adoption course starts March 19th
Welshgirl38
Valued Contributor

Postby Welshgirl38 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:15 pm

OOOOoooooooooo Ive just been checking the other threads ....

Its twins yes ?????

Im so pleased :D :D :D :D

1 IVF=BFN 2 IVF=BFN 3 IVF=BFP :) m/c @ 8 wks :( 4 IVF=BFN
We must now let go of the life we had planned, to live the life waiting for us..

Adoption course starts March 19th
Welshgirl38
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions