IVF-Infertility.com home

Ist IVF, need advice!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Ist IVF, need advice!

Postby Hope06 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:08 am

Hi,
Myself and dh have been trying to ttc for 3 yrs and finally found out that I had both of my tubes blocked. So our dr. suggested that IVF is the only method left for us and since both us are young he thinks we have high chance.
Now my question is what is the no. of fertilized eggs to be transfered back? My dr. says since I am young there is more chance so he will transfer only one of the healthy ones but I wanted atleast 2 as I won't be able to afford next time and thats why do not want to take any chance. Is it too risky to have twins if both of them implants .
Please give me your suggestions!
Ani.
Hope06

Postby souris » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi Ani and welcome here.

On my 1st IVF attempt, I was 22 turning 23 on the day after the transfer. I was doing this abroad, and I had 3 embies put back which is (I realise now) a lot. My doc was very confident I will get a BFP, especially as our fertility problem is a male factor. Well, I got a negative result...

I did a second cycle in France ( i did not get any embies so no tranfer) but in any case, my doc would have put back 2 max. They go up to 3 if you are 40 or over.

Dont worry if you doc agrees only on 1 embie, we have seen many ladies getting pregnant with only 1 transfer.
But if the possibility of having twins is not a problem for you, try to get him to tranfer two...

I know I would be over the moon if I had twins! But if this scares you, go with one!

Hope it helps
Good luck
souris
xxx
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Postby Hope06 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:58 pm

Hi ,
Thanx for the reply! I really wish to have twins so if I get good embroys, I will ask him to transfer two.
Ani.
Hope06

Postby AuntyPebbles » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:04 am

hey lady's hope you dont mind me jumping in...
Hope i wanted to wish you the best of luck with your cycle...
some things to consider if your Dr is adamant about only transfering 1 embie and you have more than 1 fertilized egg then ask him/her to do a blast transfer...not sure if you know what this is but if it was me and they insisted i would go for a blast... also be aware that a 1 embie transfere could be twins too.... its highly unlikely but it could happen...says me who had 4 beautiful embies transfered...LOL :wink:

wishing you luck Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions