IVF-Infertility.com home

New to IVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New to IVF

Postby emmaobrien » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:10 am

Hi, me & my dh are starting our first cycle next week. We have unexplained infertility what ever that is, we are both in our 30's and been trying for a good few years. I haven't even started my drugs and i feel a bit frightened already. I like other people keep thinking well by the end of Summer i could be pregnant. And i don't won't to come down with a big bag. Just wander if anyone had any advice on how to chill really, feel emotional already about stupid little things. Maybe having a new kitchen fitted and other house work now has fallen at the wrong time. If anone else is just starting there cycle it would be lovely to hear from you. emma x :)
emmaobrien

hi

Postby kdc2006 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:18 am

hi there...and welcome....

starting the drugs is a daunting task but believe me it isnt as bad as you think.....i had a fear of needles but after that 1st injection it was a relief! im sure any information you need or advice your in the right place...just jump over to the general forum and add yourself to the july/august thread (people starting treatment then)

take care and good luck....

kareen xxxx
me 33 dp 29
cyst removed 1996
abnormal cells treated 1998 CIN3
endometriosis&tube damage since

kdc2006
Regular

Postby Ems1971 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:27 am

Hi Emma :) Me and my DH are also starting next week - this is our first time too. I know how you feel - it's a really daunting thing. I have had lots of problems and we have been trying for 4 years and to be honest we can't quite believe we are actually here at long last! I have been having acupuncture to help with the anxiety and stress and actually feel pretty relaxed although understandably apprehensive. I am usually a real worry wort and my mum always says I am not happy unless I have something to worry about. But at the moment I am feeling good. My Acupuncturist and my Gynae have told us to stay positive, as negative feelings don't help anyone. I know it can set you up for a fall but I think its important, but at the same time being realistic. At the end of the day, its totally natural to think that maybe at last something good will happen and by the end of the summer we could be PG. I wish you all the luck in the world and am on the July thread in the general forum so perhaps you could join us over there and we can keep in touch throughout the process as we'll be going through it at the same time by the sounds of things :) The ladies over there are wonderful and we are all in this together!
Good Luck xxxxxxx
ME 38 DH 32
Severe Endo
1st IVF Sept 06 - BFN
2nd IVF Jan 07 - BFP! Ruby May born 24.10.07
3rd IVF March 10 - BFP on 30.3.10! Iris Josephine born 1.12.10
Our family is complete
Ems1971
Regular

Return to Introductions