IVF-Infertility.com home

Newbie Going Mad With The Waiting!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Newbie Going Mad With The Waiting!

Postby PebblesUK » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:03 am

Hello,

We are new to IVF and at the moment feel pretty alone. We had ET last Tuesday (24 June) 2 put back on day 3 both grade 1. I hate this waiting, due to to PT next Thursday (13 July). I am so tired (weather has been really hot and I'm also diabetic), my breasts are so tender (period could be coming), I'm having terrible mood swings (show me someone who doesn't when undergoing IVF). The days are going so slowly, this waiting can be quite depressing. Anyone got any advice on how to get through this next week? My husband works nights so is asleep all day, gets up then goes to work 6 nights out of 7 so am feeling pretty lonely. Would be nice to be able to think of something else but that seems impossible.

I know there is light at the end of the tunnel and reading your stories on here has been really encouraging. I know if it doesn't work then now is not the right time. It is hard to remain positive as that's quite a long way to fall from if the result is negative. I also know I'm thinking too much!
Me 35 DH 37 1st IVF ET 27 June - BFP!!!!
Ellie was born on 11 December 2006, 14 weeks early!

PebblesUK
Regular

Postby souris » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:46 pm

Hey PebblesUk

welcome here! And welcome to the agonising 2ww. So there is no secret, 2ww is hell. It is long and stressful.
All you can do is trying to get busy (but no physical) , meet some friends during the day and the evening when you are alone, try some new cooking, start knitting etc....
In any case it is impossible to take the fear, apprehension, urge to know from your mind :x

But on the positive side, you have done the worse now. No more needles, and you have 2 great embies inside you!

Just take it easy, I hope you will be a lucky first timer!!

xxx
souris
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Return to Introductions