IVF-Infertility.com home

Aloha, Everyone!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Aloha, Everyone!

Postby Makana » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:56 am

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. This is our first attempt at IVF and I will be doing my Egg Retrieval on Monday. I joined today after getting some great advice and support from reading all of your posted messages to each other. Thanks for helping me get through the lupron and follistim shots- I finished my last follistim shot an hour ago and I can't tell you how happy I am!!! Now I am freaking out about the HCG shot that my husband needs to give me tonight. That needle is waaaaay too big. Is it really bad? And the progesterone looks thick and nasty. Some people were saying that the follistim shots are worse- I did it myself and although it stung for 30 seconds, I think I got used to it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have already warned my husband that he may get a few cracks after administering the shot tonight. He is prepared. :lol:

After reading that some people have 15 eggs, I was bummed when I found out that I have 4 eggs that look good and 3 tiny ones- but I am trying to stay positive and remember that it only takes one.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you- it is great to have people to talk to that are going through the same thing.
Makana
Makana

Sponsor

Postby jemima » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:49 am

Hi Makana....

Welcome. This is my 1st IVF too... I start on August. I am sure you'll be fine. Girls here very helpful and give you lots of PMA. God Bless U

Luv
Jema
Me 34, DH 35

ICSI end of July 2007 - BFN
jemima
Regular

Postby Makana » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:26 am

Hi, Jema.
Thanks for your blessing and I will keep you in my prayers as well. I just finished getting my first HCG shot from my husband and he did so good. Even though the needle looked pretty big, it wasn't too bad. It just felt like a little knot was in my butt right after. Lots of massaging helps.

Thank God tomorrow is my rest day and I don't need to get ANY shots.
I'm here for you if you need to talk. :)
Makana
Makana

Postby souris » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi Makana welocme!

I wanted to reassure on the HCG shot, as it is not bad, but you had 1 done so now you know!!

Good luck tomorrow with your EC!! I am also upset about the egg number. Last time I had 5 eggs, and I was expecting a lot more! But my doc seems happy with it...

Let us know how Ec went!!

You should join us on the general forum!
xxx
souris
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Postby AuntyPebbles » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:18 am

Hi Makana and Jema,
(souris im not stalking you...lol) :wink:
i wanted to wish you tons of luck can i just say i was told on my last cycle that i only had 5 follies that "may"contain eggs... i got 11 mature eggs so you never know... but the other thing is it only takes 1 good little embie my friend also had 4 eggs 3 grade 2.5 fertlized (shes got twin girls)so you never know.
ooo yeah as for progesterone i was pooping myself when i saw the needle for that i mean really bad and i was told to expect all sorts from it ... i have to say they are the best of all the needles i had to have i didnt feel them go in ... my hubby rubbed the area before giving the needle to warm it then rubbed it afterwards and it was fine so i hope it goes better than you think it will...

hugs read you soon Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby jemima » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:48 am

Makana, How’s EC? Let me know …Souris, right. Let's join general forum

Debz, I always hate needle. I have been doing antibiotic treatment everyday for a week. Thanks God today it’s the last day. So glad my program won’t start until next month, I need rest from needle

I read here, about grade of eggs. Would you please explain to me what grade means?

Thanks lot girls. God Bless U

Luv, Jemma
Me 34, DH 35

jemima
Regular

Postby Makana » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:29 am

Hi, Souris, Jema & Debz.
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I had my egg retrieval done today and it went well. I have 4 eggs- not that many, but I am staying positive. I'm still experiencing some cramping and light bleeding- hopefully it will be better tomorrow. I will find out tomorrow how many of them fertilized- Thursday I am scheduled for my next procedure.. This is so exciting.
My butt really hurts- I got my first progesterone shot today. The actual shot isn't that bad- my husband is doing a great job. It's AFTER the shot that is killing me. My nurse described it as having a macaroon stuck under your skin that needs to be massaged out. I agree. Tomorrow I'll switch cheeks.
As for joining the general forum, do I just post a new message there? Sorry, I am so new to this- as you can see- not using any DH, ER, ET, etc.
Hopefully, I'll learn about the grade of eggs soon- my doctor hasn't explained that yet.
Talk to you all soon.
Makana
Makana

Postby jemima » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:21 am

Honey, Stay positive. Think about the final result. I'll pray for you that all eggs fertilized on Thursday.

I am very stupid... I also don't know much about Abbreviation definition. Not mention my bad English. I am also not sure about IVF protocol. :lol: Well... I let everything in God's hand. Just love everybody here very much, so I come here everyday. :D

Just introduce yourself in one thread at General forum. I think 'July thread' is suitable for you. I am also in that thread. I thought I start on July. But we decided to reschedule on August. I don't give any suggestion, just hoping everybody the best, because this my 1st one, no experience.

Talk to you soon, Makana. God Bless U

Luv,

Jema
Me 34, DH 35

jemima
Regular

Postby AuntyPebbles » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:30 am

Hi Lady's,
neither of you are stupid at all we where all new at some point so everyone is very forgiving noone on this board will judge you at all, as for moving over to the General board you can jump into any thread you want to we are always happy for more company i know there is a july thread going for you and we have an august one too and one for september you will be more than welcome to any of them..

looking forward to getting to know you better

hugs Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby DolceVita » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:25 am

Makana & Jemima~~~

Just wanted to wish you ladies goodluck through your IVF journey... Its not an easy road but just stay positive it really really helps.... Wishing you all a BFP at the end of your cycles!

You have come to the best place for positive thoughts...Especially from our lovely Aunty Pebbles... you will see how wonderful of a lady she really is.... Aunty i pray for you all the time... This will be the one for you!
With Gods Blessings BFP!

babies born January 13, 2007 g~b~b

DolceVita
Regular

Postby jemima » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi... Vita... Thanks a lot... I also like debz. She helped me alot when i was a newbie here. I think we are together to pray for debz. I remember Bible says something about it only takes 2 people pray together, and He will be there. Let me check again. :D :D :D But I am 99% sure...

God bless you in everything you do girls...

Luv, Jemma
Me 34, DH 35

jemima
Regular

Just waiting now....

Postby Makana » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:09 am

Hi, Again!
Just writing to let you know that my egg retrieval went well- we had 4 eggs and two were fertilized. Yesterday I had my transfer and it went smoothly. I was happy to find out from my doctor that the embryos were doing great- I guess our lab here grades it on a letter scale just like in school. My two embryos were As on the day after fertilization and on the day of transfer they were both Bs. One was an 8 cell and the other was a 6 cell. I've been resting in bed from yesterday but had to take a break and come upstairs to my computer.
Hope everyone is doing great. Have a wonderful evening and talk to you soon.
Makana
Makana

Postby jemima » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:17 am

Makana, I am so Happy about ur embryos. I can't wait to see BFP coming from you. Take care honey... God Bless

Luv, Jemma
Me 34, DH 35

jemima
Regular

Return to Introductions