IVF-Infertility.com home

genetic testing

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

genetic testing

Postby nunoemy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:32 pm

Hello, my name is emy and im 30 y.o. I have attempted 2 ivf cycles only to be told to cancel the injections because my body was not reacting to the meds. due to very low estrogen levels and low follicules. The 2nd attempt I was on the highest doses. I have one blocked tube & next week I go in for my genetic test results- however i had spoken to the the nurse if they had the results yet and she said yes and that everything looked to be fine- who knows maybe they couldn't say anything over the phone. Been rather upset and have been crying alot :cry: [/code][/list]
nunoemy

Postby AuntyPebbles » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi,
im so sorry, and you have every right to be upset i wish i could say something to make it better for you, what drugs did they have you on? for your second cycle did they try the short protocol? i have read that that can work wonders for anyone not responding too well....

hugs Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby nunoemy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:55 am

Hello Auntiepebbles-
Thank you for your response. My first attempt I started @ a low dose - lupron was 10units and the follistom(pen) was 275 then they up that to 350 but when I did not respond they cancelled the cycle. 2nd attempt was the same for lupron but the follistom was started @ 425 with an addition to repronex which was 4 viles and later fol. was increased to 475. which then they told me to stop the cycle 4 days later. the second attempt i felt the cycle was a little longer. Thanks for your response it means alot.
nunoemy

Postby LISA@BELLASALES » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:29 pm

HELLO,
I HAVE HAD EXTENSIVE GENECTIC TESTING DONE AND THE RESULTS COME BACK AT DIFFERENT TIMES. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE STRONG AND DONT FREAK OUT IF SOMETHING SHOWS UP AS MOST OF THE TIME BOTH PARTNERS HAVE TO CARRY THE SAME GENE TO MAKE IT A SCARY SITUATION. GOOD LUCK...
LISAMARIE
Me 36 DH 31
April 2007 - BFP!!!!!

LISA@BELLASALES
Regular

Return to Introductions