IVF-Infertility.com home

Ovaries not responding well to stims - 1 follicle so far

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Ovaries not responding well to stims - 1 follicle so far

Postby lindy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:05 pm

At my baseline appointment I had around 15 follicles :). I've just had my first monitoring scan and there was only 1 decent sized follicle and a few little one which don't appear to have grown at all in 7 days :( . They have increased my dose of Gonal-F to 450 and I'm awaiting the next scan on Saturday. I'm so worried that they'll say that I'll have to abandon the cycle. My DH is so convinced that it is going to work this time, and has been so positive for the both of us. It's taken us both 18 months to recover from the 1st IVF (blighted ovum) and I really thought that my body would have responded a little better. :evil:

Can anyone give me a little hope?
Me (37) DH (36)
TTC 6 Years - Severe Endo (2 laser treatments)
IVF Nov 04 - BFP Early m/c (Blighted Ovum?)
IVF Jul 06 - BFN
lindy

Sponsor

Postby AuntyPebbles » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi,
oh wow im so sorry things arnt going so well so far, what amount of Gonal F where you on at first.... the reason i ask this is i was on Gonal F for my second cycle but i was on 450 (2x225 per day) from the start and my cycle took so much longer than the one with follistim ... the good thing is on my first attempt i only got 4 eggs on my Gonal F cycle i got 11 eggs (10 mature) now at my scans with GF i was told i had 5 good follies so i was expecting 4-5 eggs it was a great surprise to get so many more, i had to stay on GF for 12 days i remeber at my first scan i only had a couple of follies too i was amazed at how fast they developed after that... im wishing you the same kind of response... good luck..

Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby lindy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:22 am

Debz,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I started the Gonal F injections on 300 (twice as much as the first cyle 18 months ago) so I thought that the response would have been better at the first scan. Had another session of Acupuncture and I felt embarrassed when one of those silly little needles really hurt when it was put in my shin, and I started to cry a little and for some reason couldn't stop. I felt like I was doing everything I could, and yet this still isn't enough. I thought that at the next scan they were going to stop the cycle. However, after 3 days at 450 the scan today showed I still have 1 very good sized follicle and now around 5 small ones on each ovary :o So they want me to continue with 450 for another 3 days and then come back on Tuesday to scan again. I still feel really low and a bit exhausted after crying yesterday but a little more hopeful. I just need to try and help them to grow enough in time for Tuesday, as they will review the situation again and then decide whether to go on. :roll: I'd forgotten what a rollercoaster ride IVF was.

Thanks again,

Lindy XX
Me (37) DH (36)
IVF Jul 06 - BFN
lindy

Postby Zed2003 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:47 pm

Hi Lindy,

Hope all goes well on Tuesday. I was always a poor responder with few follicles. Out of 3 goes, 2 x 2 eggs, 1 x 3 eggs.

But you know what - it's quality, not quantity... You only need one good one.

Much luck to you. Take care
Zoe
1st IVF - Easter 2002 - neg
2nd IVF - Summer 2002 - pos, but M/C 8 wks
3rd IVF Summer 2003 - pos with beautiful baby boy
April 2006 - miracles happen - positive naturally day after receiving IVF letter to start again! Another beautiful boy
Zed2003
Regular

Postby lindy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:45 pm

After Tuesday's scan still growing ever so slowly. So went back again on Thursday for them to say that they wanted me to still continue with the 450 dose until Friday (16 days Gonal F very bloated and anxious about it all) and then final HCG Saturday night. Went in on Monday for Harvesting - 9 Follicles :) resulting in 7 eggs :) by Tuesday 3 eggs showing signs of fertilisation :) :) :) and Wednesday (yesterday) ET with 2 Grade 1 Embryos and 1 in the Freezer. I'm surprised the Clinic kept me going on the Gonal F for so long, however I so glad they did. Trying to bed rest now, though my back is really aching at the moment after 3 1/2 days.

XX Lindy
Me (37) DH (36)
IVF Jul 06 - BFN
lindy

Postby AuntyPebbles » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:20 pm

Hey Lindy thats fantastic how exciting, i know my gonal f was a long road...going to take it again soon too... i cant wait to read your BFP take care of yourself read you when you feel better

hugs Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions