IVF-Infertility.com home

New 2 Auzzie

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New 2 Auzzie

Postby Kery » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:06 am

Hi everyone!
I am 29 yrs old and moved from New Zealand to Perth about three months ago. My partner and I have been trying for a child for about 16 months (with no luck) so decided to check things out. We found out that he has a very low sperm count so when we organize the finacial side of IVF we will get started. I have a nine year old son from a previous relationship so consider my self lucky if it doesn't all work out.
I was wondering if anyone had started IVF that has children and works? I have done the tracking tests and it was hard dragging my son around early hours of the morning before school getting tests done, then trying to get to work on time! Living in another country with no friends or family for support my take it's toll during IVF and my partner works away in the mines. Any suggestions?? Is working while doing IVF difficult?

I have just found this site and it's great to feel I'm not the only one with this problem!
Well done to all the girls going through IVF your stories are are great help to us newies!
Kery
Regular

Sponsor

Postby jemima » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:20 am

Hi Kery. Welcome :D :D . I am from Jakarta, Indonesia. Wow... we are so close. This august will be my 1st IVF too... Cu in general forum. God Bless U

Luv, Jemma
Last edited by jemima on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me 34, DH 35

ICSI end of July 2007 - BFN
jemima
Regular

Postby Kery » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:08 am

Hi Jemima
Thanks for that Yea we're not to far away. I'm not sure when we are starting as my doctor is pretty booked up at this stage.
Good luck for next month I hope it goes well!
Kery
Regular

Postby terri1 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi Kery and welcome

Perth................what a fab place! Brings back memories for me. I went on a working holiday over there, started in Perth, met my hubby there and six years later brought him back with me! I tell everyone he was the souvernir I picked up there. We used to live in Scarborough.

I haven't gone through IVF but from what I have read and what my acupuncturist says, it is worth getting some time off work if you can at least for the first week. Thats not to say it won't work if you don't because it works for many people. I guess it depends as well how stressed you get in your job. I had a fairly stressful job here in the UK. I was in it for two and a half years and was trying ttc all that time. I quit end of Feb this year and was pregnant within 6 weeks! I think it was a mixture of things though including acupuncture that helped.

My friends husband had a very low sperm count, it was the morphology that was really low with him. He took zinc and about six months later they were pregnant! She was on the list for IUI! Noone told them how vitamins would help, they did their own research..........and now they have a 3 month old baby. they did further tests on him as they went along and he sperm count was normal in the end! It is worth getting Zita Wests book, hopefully you can get it over there in Oz. She will tell you all the different vitamins your husband can take. My husbands morphology was a bit low so I had him on zinc, vitamin C and l-cartinine. We never got it rechecked so don't know if it helped or not with him. I just think its worth trying to get that improved so you could possibly conceive naturally as well.

good luck
love Terri
PCOS
TTC 2.5 years
BFP April 2006
terri1

Postby Kery » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:39 am

Hi Terri

What great success stories. We stay in Kingsley which is not far from Scarborough. No they don't tell you about vitamins that may help we will give it a try. It would be a lot easier if we could get pregnant on our own, ivf sounds long and stessful! I will defiantly go and have a look for that book. I am glad that it has worked out for you without the drama of intervention!
Thanks for information it's all worth giving a try!

Kery
Kery
Regular

Postby terri1 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:06 pm

Hi again Kery

just wanted to let you know my acupuncturist said today she sees a couple........the man had a sperm count of 9 million and now its 133 million after taking vitamins and having acupuncture!
If you can't get that book in the shop, maybe you could order it off the net.

good luck
terri
PCOS
TTC 2.5 years
BFP April 2006
terri1

Postby Xrayem » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:50 am

Hi Kery,

Welcome! I'm an Aussie, married to a kiwi, living in Brisbane. We have "unexplained infertility" (which is devastating.....don't get me started!) and have been doing IUI's. This is my last cycle and if it fails we are off to IVF.

It is difficult having a life and doing any sort of tmt.....I guess you just have to keep plodding along and hopefully one day achieve success! I'm also working full time and having to drive in to the city every morning for tests before heading back out to work....add that to the drugs and the stress, its a wonder that any of us do it at all!

Come over to the General Forum...we have a thread called "Aussies and Kiwis" which is great because we can ask each other about Medicare, etc and know what we are all talking about!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Em
TTC 5yrs - Unexplained Infertility
3xIUI's (April, June & Aug 06) - BFN,s
1st IVF - Oct 06 - Jasper & Finlay born 07/06/07
Natural preg - Addison Grace born 15/10/08
Xrayem
Regular

Postby Kery » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:10 am

Hi Em
Yea I will do that, what page is the auzzie-kiwi thread on I'm having trouble finding it?
Kery
Regular

Postby Xrayem » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:53 am

Hi Kery,

In the General forum. I'll go and post in it to put it back at the top of the page for you.

c u there.
Xrayem
Regular

Postby Xrayem » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:00 am

Hi just took it back to the top. It should stay on the first page for the rest of the night but you may need to scroll down the General forum index. If you go to the last page of the Aussie and Kiwis thread, it has all the latest posts...we have been going for a while!

Em
Xrayem
Regular

Postby Kery » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:27 am

Great thanks for that!
Kery
Regular

Return to Introductions