IVF-Infertility.com home

IVR AFTER STERILIZATION

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

IVR AFTER STERILIZATION

Postby LOOBIE » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:52 pm

APOLOGISE FOR NOT EXPLAINING DO EXCUSE NEW TO ALL THIS! I WAS STERILIZED AT 24 AFTER HAVING 3 CHILDREN BY CEASARIEN SECTION,AT THE TIME I WAS OFFERED NO COUNCELLING AND WAS PRESSURED BY MY X PARTNER INTO THE SURGERY.I HAVE SINCE MET A VERY LOVING MAN WHO IS 30 AND HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN.WE ARE WANTING TO LOOK INTO IVF AS WE HAVE BEEN TOLD IT HAS A MORE SUCCESS RATE THAN REVERSAL.PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO MIGHT OF EXPERIENCED IVF AFTER STERILIZATION COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE US ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN AND IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED....REGARDS....LOUISE xx
LOOBIE

Sponsor

Postby PebblesUK » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi Louise,

I was sterlised three years ago and we have just completed our first IVF. Reversal wasn't an option as the surgeon took too much of my tubes away also being diabetic I didn't really want more surgery. As you can see it has worked for us! We have been very lucky.

If you have an specific questions please just ask.

Regards

Jo
Me 35 DH 37 1st IVF ET 27 June - BFP!!!!
Ellie was born on 11 December 2006, 14 weeks early!

PebblesUK
Regular

Postby Welshgirl38 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:17 pm

Hi,

I am in exactly the same situation as urself. I too was persuaded by my ex husband to be steralized, but have gone on to meet a wonderful loving man who i couldnt wait to marry (March this year) who has no chlidren himself (appart from the joys of being a loving step father to my two girls)

I am in the middle of IVF treatment as my doctor decided that it was cheaper to bypass the reversal and to fo for IVF even tho we have paid for the treatment, it was cheaper than reversal.

Did u decide to go ahead with the treatment ? If so let me know, i would love to ear how u are getting on.

Good Luck....

Becky :o) x
Welshgirl38
Valued Contributor

IVF OR REVERSAL

Postby LOOBIE » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:08 pm

GREAT NEWS!!!! NOT MADE ANY DECISIONS AS YET WANT TO GET AS MANY FEED BACKS AS POSSIBLE.AM AFFRAID OF THE OUTCOME IF IT DONT WORK ITS VERY WORRYING.I DONT WANT TO LET MY PARTNER DOWN....REGARDS LOUISE
LOOBIE

Postby rhaynes » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:18 pm

Hi!! I too had my tubes tied after my 3rd child with my first husband. We divorced and I am now married to a wonderful man with no children of his own. I checked into having a reversal, however, my doctor told me he recommended the IVF over a reversal because of my age (I'm 39) and my husband has a low sperm count. We did try IVF and the 1st attempt we failed, HOWEVER, we have not given up and are preparing for a 2nd try. I go back in and see the doc on Sept. 5. Good Luck to you and everybody please pray for us. My husband is a wonderful father to my children but we so want to have one together.
rhaynes

Postby Welshgirl38 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:15 pm

Rhaynes,

Good luck on ur 2nd try - im sure u will suceed :) Please keep us informed on ur journey :)

I test on Sept 15th (such a longgggggggggg time away!) How did u cope the last time with the 2ww - its killing already me and i only had ET on Friday lol

Becky Xxx

1 IVF=BFN 2 IVF=BFN 3 IVF=BFP :) m/c @ 8 wks :( 4 IVF=BFN
We must now let go of the life we had planned, to live the life waiting for us..

Adoption course starts March 19th
Welshgirl38
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions