IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello

Postby erinlathrop » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:59 pm

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 22 months. My husband has a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship. We found out in June that we will only achieve pregnancy through IVF. My husband has active sperm but they are not making their way out. I have a lot of feelings of frustration, anger and depression. I have had to watch both of my sisters and every one of our friends have babies (no I am not exagerating). One friend even had her tubes untied and was pregnant within 3 months. I try not to be too envious but it is so sickening to watch everyone around me make the choice and wallah they are pregnant. Just like that. They don't have to take out a second mortgage, or go through the doctors appoints/drugs etc. or deal with the possibility that when this is over we still may not have the child together we want so bad. I am struggling with my religious beliefs as well. I am catholic but the catholic church does not support our choices. I don't understand how they can tell me that I was put on this earth to procreate and then chastise me for going to these lengths to do so. My family and friends are of no support what so ever. My Mom always wants to show me videos of my nephews and neices. Neither of my sisters have even tried to talk to me about what is going on. My brother at least just listens. He doesn't offer suggestions or the "I am sure it will work out" comment that we get from so many people. He just agrees with me about how much this stinks. My very best friend has a beautiful 9 month old little girl who was an "accident". I love Carsyn (9 mth old) but once in awhile I would love it if her mother could spend a little time with me alone. It is hard to try to vent to someone when the baby is crying or demanding the attention that children require. Not only that her comments to me regarding the IVF are "how exciting, at least now you know what has to be done, etc.....". I feel like lashing out. I am obviously getting very resentful which just makes me feel guilty for having a bad attitude. It was suggested that I look into one of these message boards. I have read a few posts so far and know that my feelings are not uncommon. That is helpful in itself. I hope to be able to use this message board consistantly through this process.
erinlathrop

Re: Hello

Postby Moritsha » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Welcome Erin, what a lot you've had to go through. This site is wonderful. It's great to know that we're not alone and if we've a question or a moan you just type in. Good luck with what you choose to do. Take care Paula x :lol:
ME 36 DH 31
TTC 3 yrs
ICSI April 2006 _ive
IVF Sept 2006 BFP sadly lost 4 wks 6 days

Moritsha
Regular

Return to Introductions