IVF-Infertility.com home

Hi

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello

Postby steffie-p » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:26 pm

I have just found this site and what a relief it is to be able to read the experiences of others who really do understand what it feels like to struggle having a child. I am 35 and my dh & I have been together for nearly 14 yrs. We have been married 5 yrs on fri, and have been trying for a child since we got married. We wanted to wait to get married before trying ( wanting to do it right). Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer 4 yrs ago, and underwent a trachelectomy as I wanted to try & preserve my fertililty. So lots of treatments, check-ups, laparoscopy's later, we are still trying to conceive. I now have endemetriosis, ovarian polypses etc. We have just undergone our 1st round of ivf. I found out that none of the eggs had fertilised. To be honest, I was more shocked that it had failed at that stage than anything else. I was expecting to have the ET done then to miscarry!! ( I was trying to be positive but at the same time realistic - not easy as you want to have a PMA but are trying to prepare yourself for the worst!!) Does any of this make sense at all?? Anyway, it is good to find a place that I can come to & spill!! It would be good to hear from anyone else.

As they say, keep positive & be happy,
S
xxx
steffie-p

Postby nimble » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi M - you've certainly have come to the right site - it is fantastic source of support and a great place to get advice and to share your ups :D and downs :( .

I never realised until I came on to this site how many of us are going through this and you realise that you are not alone.

We were told by the our Drs that my DH swimmers were a low count and didn't have great mobility as with everyone else the news was devasting. He had two subsequent tests, the second was worse than the first and the last test which he had in the clinic came good. We realised that his lifestyle may be partly to blame - he loved his saunas, steam rooms and very hot baths! Apparently these are not too good for his swimmers!! :shock:

And doesn't it seem, whilst you find out the news that everyone around you starts getting pregnant ! I suspose it is a little bit natural to feel the jealousy - I felt awful as a good friend at work got pregnant and I found out and knew that she wanted to tell me and I did everything to avoid her for about 2 wks :oops: but knew that the way I felt at the time would show.

The waiting for the appointments is the worse - we waited for over 7mnths, however once you are seen the process is really quick. We had our initial consultation in June and now I'm half way through the IVF cycle, due (fingers crossed) to have EC done next week.

Justine - your story is amazing - you hear so many times of this happening - congratulations on your BFP :D

Steffie - you amaze me with your strength and courage with everything you have been through. Have you decided to continue with further treatment?

Stay positive - its all worth going through.

Keep us updated on how you are all getting on.

Jackie xxx
1st IVF - Sep 06 - +ve lost at 7wks
2nd IVF/ICSI - Apr 07 BFN
BFP Naturally - m/c 12wks
3rd IVF/ICSI - Nov 07 - BFP!!
nimble
Regular

Postby Rittie2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:24 am

Steffi,

Just wanted to send my love and support. You have an incredible story and if its meant to be it will happen, all we can do is try. I wish you all the best and send lots of baby dust.

Rittie
Twin Girls arrived on 31 March 2007 :-) :-)

Rittie2000
Regular

Previous

Return to Introductions