IVF-Infertility.com home

1st Time here - Just failed 1st IVF attempt

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

1st Time here - Just failed 1st IVF attempt

Postby Believebaby » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:48 am

I just experienced a m/c at 5 weeks after 1st IVF attempt and needed a place where people would understand what it's like to go through this amazing yet terrifying journey. I was so excited when I got BFP, then heartbroken to hear it was over almost before it began. I will start the process all over again in about a month so I'm hoping this will be a place where I can come for comfort, positive energy, and support. There is strength in numbers and this seems to be the right place, at the right time.
Believebaby

Sponsor

Postby AMck » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the site. So sorry to see the news of your m/c. I hope you are Ok and looking after yourself and dp.

Come and join the general forum, you will find a thread for October buddies. The ladies are great and will share experiences, help with worries and send loads of support as you go through your next cycle.

Good luck with your tmt
Anna
Me 44, DP 42 ttc 3yrs
7 cancelled IVF cycles during 2005/6
ED tmt at IM June 06 BFN
ED tmt at IM July 06 BFP
Matthew born 23/3/07
AMck
Valued Contributor

Postby Believebaby » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:59 pm

Please bear with me, I am so new at this and am not sure I know what I am doing. Thanks so much for the reply, there certainly isn't a shortage of caring and sympathetic people here. Great advice for a newbie, I'm going to check out the October group now. I'm not quite sure what all the abbreviations mean either so guess I will learn as I go. Any advice is welcome. :D Warm wishes and hope to hear from you again.

Thanks!
Aimee
Believebaby

Postby AMck » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:50 pm

Aimee
There is a thread at the top of the general forum.. a 'sticky' called abbreviations. It lists all you need to know!

Good luck
Anna
Me 44, DP 42 ttc 3yrs
7 cancelled IVF cycles during 2005/6
ED tmt at IM June 06 BFN
ED tmt at IM July 06 BFP
Matthew born 23/3/07
AMck
Valued Contributor

Postby Believebaby » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it's comforting to have a place to go and have someone like you be so helpful. I think I'm catching on to the language so will better understand what everyone is talking about. You have been wonderful to respond!
TTC/fairy.gif" alt="Image" />
Aimee
IVF #1 July 06 - BFP then m/c @ 5 weeks
IVF #2 Oct. 06 - BFP then m/c @ 8 weeks
IVF #3 Start end of Jan. 07
Believebaby

Postby jemima » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:59 am

Aimee, I am sorry about ur M/c. i hope u n DH are okay. keep praying, miracle happened anytime. I hope u will find so much support here like i do. God bless u

Luv, Jemma
Me 34, DH 35

ICSI end of July 2007 - BFN
jemima
Regular

Postby Believebaby » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:22 pm

Thanks Jemma for your encouragement. I see you are approaching your 1st attempt so I wish you all the best and hope your dreams come true. I truly believe a positive mental attitude is our best asset so keep believing!!!
Aimee
Believebaby

Postby jemima » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:39 pm

:D
Me 34, DH 35

ICSI end of July 2007 - BFN
jemima
Regular

Postby suzhan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:51 pm

Aimee - I really do know what you're going through. My first IVF we got BFP and then it ended in m/c at 8 weeks. What heartbreak to get so excited and then have that happen. Make sure you and your hubby/partner take the time you need to heal and be ready to go for it again. Infertility can be so frustrating, but this site has many experienced people who are willing to show their support and, if nothing else, lend a listening ear. I've also found lots of good answers to questions I had. Browse through both the IVF section and the general forum.

I wish you all the best!

- suzhan
suzhan
Regular

Postby Macca8 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:49 am

Aimee,

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I miscarried my first IVF too at 8.5 weeks. I was totally gutted and couldn't believe I initially had been so lucky and then so unlucky to have it taken away for me so quickly. My 2nd one was a BFP too but only for a week and I was so cautious.

Whatever you do sweetie, don't give up hope, be determined and focused and you will be fine.

Lisa XXX
Me 37, DH 51
Twin Boys - Sean Alexander & Samuel Robert
Macca8
Regular

Postby Believebaby » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Lisa/Suzhan - Thanks!! You women are amazing! Thanks for the encouragement and support. When I hear everyone's story or read their bio I just can't believe how strong you all are. This makes you question so many things about life and what our purpose is. I never thought I'd have these problems, it just seemed natural to think one day I would get pregnant and have babies. Piece of cake, right?! Who knew it would be so hard. I keep telling myself that when it does happen, it will just make it that much more special. I'm so happy when I read that someone with my dilema has had positive results and their persistance has paid off. I truly hope that is true for all of us because it's not for a lack of trying. Thanks Ladies for understanding and being so positive. I wish you all the best and please keep us all posted!
Aimee
Believebaby

Return to Introductions