IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello- just been told need IVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello- just been told need IVF

Postby Frankie » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:04 pm

Hello
I have been ttc for a year now. We have seen Gp and were referred to infertility clinic where it was identified that DH has problems with sperm. The first test showed that he had low mobility but high sperm count. He then had a second test which showed much lower count and again low mobility. He is having a third sperm test in October but the consultant told us that it is likely that our best hope is IVF. He has also had blood tests to test for chromosome abnormalities and check he isnt carrying the cystic fibrosis gene. Has anyone else had experience of having this done?
thanks
Frankie
Frankie

Sponsor

Postby Believebaby » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:39 pm

Hi Frankie,

I am really new to this also, just went through my first IVF last month. We had exactly the same issue as you and were told IVF was our best option. I had my transfer the end of July and had 3 eggs put back in me. On my 2nd week of the 2ww I began bleeding and the doctor thought I was m/c but when I took the test it was BFP. My next 3 bloodtests after that showed my HCG count rising so everything looked great and then on my 4th test it stopped (and actually went down 3). To my horror, the preg. was ending. I was in shock and totally unprepared for how I would feel. I will go through the process again starting in late Sept. so I'm hopeful that the next time will work. My advice to you is to ask as many questions as you can, take it easy during your treatment, surround yourself with people who love and care for you and BE POSITIVE. I'm realizing after reading a lot of these people's stories that it might take a few tries before it happens but persistency pays off. This is a nice place to come to get the support we all need and answers to real questions we all have. Wishing you the best of luck!
Believebaby

Postby AuntyPebbles » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:23 am

Hi lady's,
i just wanted to stop by and wish you both the best of luck on your future cycles , Frankie i know its hard to hear you will need help to get to your dream at first, you have found a wonderful place there are so many ladys on here who will help you through.. its always reassuring to know how many of us there are who takle a different road to our babies... both me and my husband where tested for everything individually and cross tested too (for those abnormalitys that take two defective genes to show) so it sounds like your clinic are being really thorough

Believebaby, i am so sorry for your loss i love your PMA (positive mental Attitude) its fantastic to see truly wish you the best

good luck to both Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby jemima » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:09 am

Girls, I cried after reading ur post. I remembered when the first time DR told me the only way I get pregnant only IVF. I suffered a lot. Only I couldn't show to DH. I thought he must suffer more than I did. After so many tears and prays in years, I found miracle way to solve our problem. Now I am ready for my 1st IVF next month, I believe it won't happen if I don't find this thread. I hope u will get so much support as I do here. God bless u in everything u do

Luv, Jemma
Last edited by jemima on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me 34, DH 35

ICSI end of July 2007 - BFN
jemima
Regular

Postby Frankie » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:56 pm

Thankyou so much for your replies, it is good to hear from people in similar positions. I am trying to stay positive and your posts help! I wish you all luck in future cycles.
love
Frankie
Frankie

Postby JustinesBaby » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:27 pm

Last edited by JustinesBaby on Thu May 15, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustinesBaby
Regular

Postby Frankie » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:07 pm

Hi Justine,
Thanks so much for your reply it really made me smile to hear some happy news! It has also made me feel a lot more positive about things.
Frankie
Me 31
DH 36
Waiting for 1st cycle of IVF
Frankie

Postby nimble » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:04 pm

Hi Frankie,

We have been trying for over two years and our first results showed that my DH had similiar problems with his sperm and he was absolutely devasted as you can imagine. However, I still tried to be positive and read lots of websites and also brought a book by Zita West which gave some good advice on good types of food, things to do and things to avoid for men. I also got him on supplements and vitimins as well!! :lol:

When we finally went to our first appt at the clinic, my DH was tested again and this time the results came back as normal. However, as we had been trying for 2 yrs, they still suggested that we continue with IVF due to our ages etc.

I guess I'm saying don't give up, be positive and I pray that your results are good in Oct. Give your DH lots of TLC as I know the 2 set of results for my DH were devasting and his morale was very low for a while and it was very difficult time for a while.

We are now on our first cycle of IVF and I pray and hope that we get a BFP at the end of Sept.
1st IVF - Sep 06 - +ve lost at 7wks
2nd IVF/ICSI - Apr 07 BFN
BFP Naturally - m/c 12wks
3rd IVF/ICSI - Nov 07 - BFP!!
nimble
Regular

Postby nimble » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:05 pm

Hi Frankie,

We have been trying for over two years and our first results showed that my DH had similiar problems with his sperm and he was absolutely devasted as you can imagine. However, I still tried to be positive and read lots of websites and also brought a book by Zita West which gave some good advice on good types of food, things to do and things to avoid for men. I also got him on supplements and vitimins as well!! :lol:

When we finally went to our first appt at the clinic, my DH was tested again and this time the results came back as normal. However, as we had been trying for 2 yrs, they still suggested that we continue with IVF due to our ages etc.

I guess I'm saying don't give up, be positive and I pray that your results are good in Oct. Give your DH lots of TLC as I know the 2 set of results for my DH were devasting and his morale was very low for a while and it was very difficult time for a while.

We are now on our first cycle of IVF and I pray and hope that we get a BFP at the end of Sept.

Big fat positive thoughts for you both.
Jackie x
1st IVF - Sep 06 - +ve lost at 7wks
2nd IVF/ICSI - Apr 07 BFN
BFP Naturally - m/c 12wks
3rd IVF/ICSI - Nov 07 - BFP!!
nimble
Regular

Return to Introductions