IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello

Postby patie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:56 am

Hello Ladies!

I just found this site & it is really informative!

I am living in Dubai, and I have been married since July02.

I had my 4th (unsuccessful:cry: ) IVF in July06. We first started the IVF attempts in May05. I had 3 normal IVF and the last one was the frozen cycle! I've been dealing with the same Dr. who's in my home country Lebanon, and he is really nice and i felt very comfortable with him!

The first time they returned 2 embryos! The second time 3! Third time ventured to 4!...and the last attempt 3! although 4 were frozen...but one of them was weak I guess!

As for the process was ok! my body was responding to the treatment very well! After they return the embryos they keep me laying for 30 minutes, then I should have 3 days of bed/house rest...meaning i don't need to lay on the bed all day however should not go out and of course no activities...

I am in a dilema now because I heard that a new recommended Dr. opened a clinic near us, and I am tempted to start again! Although I've decided to take a break, and I even stoped taking the Folic Acid and went on a strict diet (as a reaction I guess...) But now I feel a bit guilty and I am confused whether to go for the 5th round now or wait for few month!!! HELP! what do you think! is it ok to give up for a while?

In an earlier posting one of the ladies mentioned that no one in her family knew that she's undergoing IVF except her children...and how she feels like screaming at others about what she's going through! I can totaly relate to her because the first 3 attempts no one of the 2 families knew, only my sister, my best freind and 2 of my husband's best freinds...and it was so frustrating! So for this time I decided I am going to tell...it didn't make me feel better because of the constant follow up and questioning...

Well that's about it! I wish you all the best of luck!
patie
Regular

Postby Haylie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi Pattie

You have definitely come to the right site for lots of support and information. The ladies here are wonderful.

I don't think anyone can tell you what to do you have to do what you feel is right. The clinic is not going to go away if you feel like a break, it is definitely okay to take a few months off, you are not giving up so don't think of it like that. You won't give up until you get that BFP however long it takes.

I wish you luck and am sure you will come to the right decision.
Take care
Me 33
IUI Nov 05 - BFN
IVF Aug 06 - BFN
FET - Jan 07 - BFP!!!!!!

Scan - 08.03.07

Haylie
Regular

Postby patie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:10 am

Thanks Haylie!!!

I needed the motivation!

Good luck in your attempt!!