IVF-Infertility.com home

New here heres my story

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New here heres my story

Postby mom20 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:21 pm

hi just come across this site. Thought i would post as it would be good to here from people who know what it is like to be on this roller coaster ride. We are currently on a break after our first attempt at IVF failed at christmas 05. What can i say our whole world felt like it had ended. I did not know what to do or how to feel and swore never again it was to much to bare. All those months of doctors appointments and hospital visits scans and injections. With the hope of that just maybe at the end there would be at little bundle of joy at the end. Then for it to fail with no reason why it was heart braking. Well here we are 9 mth down the line and ive had time to think things over and i am ready to have another try. After being adviced to have a break by docs to c if anything happens naturally due to the fact that nothing has been found to be wrong with either of us. Well it wont be until next spring when we start as we get a second chance free on NHS. Hope to here from u all mom 1 :) :) :)
mom20
Regular

Sponsor

Postby JustinesBaby » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:18 pm

Last edited by JustinesBaby on Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustinesBaby
Regular

thanks

Postby mom20 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:21 pm

thanks for your reply its nice to here that it does actually work and you have a baby girl. We have looked into accupunctre but found it very exspensive here. its very frustrating as we have no apparant reason to why nothing is happening{we ve been trying for 5 years}
mom20
Regular

Postby patie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:24 am

Hi Mom20

It is great you joined this site as it is very supportive and informative...after 4 failed IVFs within a period of 16 months...i decided to take a break! Well it is hard to be waiting however I hope it is worth it!
Personaly I don't have a problem however I had an underactive thyroid which is said to affect the embies sticking...but it is regulated and still no luck!

So my advise is try to relax..I know acupunture is expensive however you can do other relaxing exercises such as yoga or meditation and it all depends if u r working or not, smoking, and other factors that would affect the success (at least to some extent b/c many get pregnant regardless of anything)...

Keep high hopes and i wish you best of luck with ur new attempt!!! I am not sure I am up to any attempts any time soon!!

Patie
patie
Regular

dont loose hope

Postby Lavender » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:14 pm

hi mom20,

I can imagine what you are going thru. A friend of mine had 8 IVF attemps and the last one was successful. I guess its the question of time and faith. I understand it is a trying period and things are better said than done, but dont loose hope. You will definitely be blessed with baby.

Lavender
Lavender

thanks for support

Postby mom20 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:38 pm

hi thanks to all for your kind words patie you must be very brave trying that many times god nos it took it out of me with just my first attempt. I hyper stimulated after implantation and ended up in hospital for three days. The pain was really bad. docs saiad that it waz rare to happen and there is not much chance of it happening second go. Well got an appointment with doc for 11th december to start treatment so fingers crossed. Good luck 2 everyone :) :) :)
mom20
Regular

Postby Welshgirl38 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi Mom20,

Ive just read ur post, i had my treatment in Aug/Sept but sadley got a BFN - i too said - NEVER AGAIN, the pain was (and still is) unbearable - BUT - having said that, the need and the want for another child is overwhelming and so here i go again - You should post on the General forum there is a thread there called Dec/Jan Cycle buddies, our new beginings' most of us ladies there have recently had BFN's and will know what ur going thru - u (and anybody else) are welcome to join us.

I wish u well - hopefully u will be posting about ur BFP soon :D

Good Luck ....

Becky Xxxx

1 IVF=BFN 2 IVF=BFN 3 IVF=BFP :) m/c @ 8 wks :( 4 IVF=BFN
We must now let go of the life we had planned, to live the life waiting for us..

Adoption course starts March 19th
Welshgirl38
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions