IVF-Infertility.com home

New and also scared

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New and also scared

Postby bekkie31 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:51 am

I am bekki, 31, and living in Germany. My infertility is as a result of my ectopic last Feb. I am due to start my forst IVF round in OCT this year - so next month. I live in Germany - so I also have to battle my way through understanding all the Germany - an additional worry to whaty I already have. I am scared it will fail - it costs heaps here. The health insurance pays only half. So we could be spending up to 2,000 UK pounds. The docs say I am young, healthy, and have chances as I do not smoke etc.. My womb seems normal from the scans and my hormones. I just have read loads and I see that not all egg cells will develop into embryos and as only 2 will be transferred I am terrified of the failure. I am considering 5 day transfer - but alos have read the pitfalls - like most do not develop into blastocysts etc.. All of this is a nightmare - I sometimes wonder how much longer I can stay strong and it is building trust with the doctor too - are they just trying to make money?

Thought I'd introduce myself, Bekki - infertlity due to ectopic, age 31, TTC for 6 years.
bekkie31
Regular

Postby AMck » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:07 am

Hi Bekkie and welcome to the site.
Sorry to see your story so far...but you have come to the right place for advice and support. The ladies here are absolutely fantastic. If you have any questions just post and usually there is someone here who can help or share their experience with you. You may like to join a thread with ladies cycling at the same time as you...see the general forum.

IVF can be daunting, just take one step at a time and you will be fine! Wishing you loads of luck with your treatment :)

Hugs
Anna
Me 44, DP 42 ttc 3yrs
7 cancelled IVF cycles during 2005/6
ED tmt at IM June 06 BFN
ED tmt at IM July 06 BFP
Matthew born 23/3/07
AMck
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions