IVF-Infertility.com home

Frozen Embryos

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Frozen Embryos

Postby connor » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:13 pm

I had my 1st cycle of IVF early in the year, everything went well with two embryo transfers and 4 frozen. Was sucessful but at my 8 week scan was given the sad news that the one embryo had not continued to develope, I had no signs that anything was wrong. Anyway had D & C and my cycle is now back to normal even better than before I did the treatment. The doctors say that ours is unexplanined infertility, so I have nothing to blame our 6 years of trying on. Anyway am thinking of going for my second cycle using the frozen embryo's, has anyone done this and succeded, as I am aware the success rate is lower than from starting from scratch. Any advise would be HUGELY APPRECIATED.

Bev
connor

Postby Alette » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:20 pm

The biggest risk of the embryo's dieing (dying?)is the defrosting... about 50% survives.
Once defrosted, you have the same succesrate as a fresh embryo.

I have had 5 frozen embies at my first IVF, none of them survived.

The fifth IVF gave me my son Koen! :D and 3 frozen embryos.
The first FET, the embryo survived defrosting and gave a positive pregnancytest but helas, a very early miscarriage.
The last 2 embryo's were defrosted, one survived and did not make it.

Please be aware of disappointment, but also remember, there are lots of ladies gotten pregnant from FETs!!

Good luck for you, I will think of you!!

Alette
after lots of IUI, 4 FETs and 5 IVF's
a babyboy!
Alette
Regular

Postby connor » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:35 pm

Hi Alette, thank-you for your words of advice, I think its the disappointment thats scarying me the most. But I have to give it a go. I am so glad that you have a son, It must of made the whole process so worthwhile, your sons Name sounds like a South African name, thanks again for your advice.
Bev
connor

Return to Introductions