IVF-Infertility.com home

What would you suggest I do?

Discussion forum for patients diagnosed with reduced ovarian reserve or those who responded poorly to ovarian stimulation.

What would you suggest I do?

Postby riley129 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am

Hi ladies. Can you guide me please? I tried searching online. However, there are so many different opinions on the internet. I don't know what to believe. I am going for IVF. I know that the chances of being successful are low the first time. The doctor suggested that we freeze some of the embryos if we get enough of them the first time. This will help us in future cycles. This sounds sensible since I have a low ovarian reserve. However, I am not so sure. I have heard that a fresh egg cycle has more chances of success than an FET. Is that true? What would you suggest I do? Should I get them frozen?
riley129

Re: What would you suggest I do?

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:38 pm

riley129 wrote:I have heard that a fresh egg cycle has more chances of success than an FET. Is that true?

That is not true in the USA, where most freezing is blastocyst vitrification. Success rates with frozen embryos exceed those with fresh in every age group. The only exception is donor egg cycles, where fresh still exceeds frozen.

In other countries, where they might freeze on day 3, frozen embryo cycles are not so good.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Return to Reduced ovarian reserve