Healing After 2nd IVF curious about frozen blastocyst cycle

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Healing After 2nd IVF curious about frozen blastocyst cycle

Post by vbsturtsmans » Mon May 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Well Hi Ladies! I am new to the message boards but am in need of some support, information, and just plain understanding. We got a BFN two weeks ago which was devasting (as you all know)! We do have one frozen blastocyst waiting for us. Can anyone share their experience with a cyro cycle? We are taking some time off to heal both physically and mentally before we meet with the DR. Is it better to jump right back in for another cycle? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated! Thanks for listening!
Forever hopeful our baby is waiting for us!


Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Florida

Post by cocosmomma » Mon May 12, 2008 10:45 pm

It's really up to you, hon, how quickly you want to move. I just had my second chemical pregnancy after a frozen embryo transfer, but we're going back in as soon as we can. If you feel you can handle it emotionally and physically and your doc gives you the all clear, go for it.

The frozen is was much easier and faster than a fresh IVF cycle at my clinic. Each is different, but I didn't have any shots other than the PIO. We did estrogen patches and no BCPs.

Good luck!
Me 33 - DH 43
2nd FET - 12/1/08
Beta #1 - 527; Beta #2 - 2806
U/S #1 - 1/2/09 - TWINS!
3/17/09 - BOYS!

Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:37 am
Location: Australia

Post by Dexter » Tue May 13, 2008 12:44 am

I waited one month, enough time to get a natural AF before embarking on my FET which was also a blastocyst transfer with assisted hatching. On the fresh cycle, we got a BFN but the FET was positive, so good luck!

ME 36-Egg quality? FSH 10.4
DH 39 - Perfect!
Unexp IF - TTC 5years
IVF # 1 Jan/Feb 07-BFN
FET # 1April 07-BFN
May 07 -BFP Natural! m/c 6wks
IVF # 2 -BFN Chemical pg Beta 7
6 blasts on ice -
Try # 4 -FET Nov 07 BFP!! Beta 250 15dpo TWINS!!

Posts: 267
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by stressball » Tue May 13, 2008 3:31 am

From my experience I have learned that after a BFN...we really want to do something really quick...to see if that pain woulf go away soon by BFP. Its very natural to think that way. But I would recommend you to give some time may be 2-3 AF's to recover the effects of hormones. This time would feel like forever but atleast you would know your body has recoverd and ready again. In the meantime you can eat well, excercise and may be do acupucture. Again this suggetion is based on my experience. I now feel that I jumped to do FET after FIRST ivf BFN.

Gook luck.
TTC since Jan04
32, DH 36 low count, motility
natural IUI 3, -VE
injectable IUI 2, -VE
1st IVF May june 07: bfn
fet: july:bfn:
2nd ivf April 08 BFP

Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Post by nicaliw » Tue May 13, 2008 1:59 pm

I would recommend giving yourself enough time to reocover from the last cycle. You know yourself beter than anyone. Its true that a BFP could help take away the pain of a loss but its also a sad truth that another BFN could worsen your pain.
Some women are ready to jump right back on the horse and others take time for themselves to heal. Be good to yourself. I wanted to do a FET asap after my M/C but my body didn't allow (beta took 2 months to hit zero then I had to wait for 2 AF) The wait felt like an eternity (5 months between cycles) but now I'm glad we waited because I felt my body was fully prepared and I had time to deal with the emotions.
Good luck with your decision.
FET April 18th
1st heartbeat 6w3d 115bpm, 9w2d hb 171bpm

Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Essex,UK

Post by Anie » Wed May 14, 2008 3:06 pm


when i had my BFN i was advised to give few months to my body to recover.
After that i went for a FET. I had 2 frozen both blastocyst but they did not survive the thaw process.

So at the end you may want to go for a FET but it will all depend if your embryos survive.

Best of luck

Anie :) Me 32, DH 34
1st IVF : Aug/07 - 6eggs but no fertilization :(
2nd ICSI: Oct/07 - test:22/Nov=BFN :(
3th ICSI: July/08; Testing:5th Sept-BFP :D


Post Reply