IVF-Infertility.com home

HCG LEVEL

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

HCG LEVEL

Postby Tris » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi...I went in for my blood test today on the 10th day only after embryo transfer and the doc called and said it was a BFP but that my HCG was 18 only ...I go back on Friday to test again. Im thinking 10 days after transfer is too early for HCG to be so high, so is 18 normal at this stage? Maybe someone can help...Doc says its OK but we´ll see again on Friday if its gone up...any experience on 10th day HCG level??? or any advise...thanks! :)
Tris
Regular

Sponsor

Postby Neffi211 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:43 pm

My 10th day post transfer hCG was 109. 18 is low, but you could have had a late implanter! Don't worry until your next beta(I know thats easier said than done!) I'm a crazy worrier! There is a girl cornybaby, she started with a 13 Ithink and she is having twins! You just need the number to rise! Good luck!
Me 31 DH 30
DS 3rd try
8 failed cycles
No luck with adoption
PM me if you have embryos you would like to donate
Neffi211
Regular

Postby brit1612 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Did you have a 3dt or a 5dt? If you had a 3dt your number would not be expected to be quite as high. I have heard that they like the number to be around 100, but I think that is at 12dpt or 14?. I have also heard stories of people with really low hcg that went on to have a baby. Keep your head up and just look for the numbers to be increasing. They say that they like to see them almost double every two days. Good luck and I hope everything goes well.
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular

Thanks

Postby Tris » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:55 am

Hi! Thanks for your replies! I had a 3dt and yes they say at this time 10days after, it should not even be visible in most HPT. Normally my doc checks at 12-14 days...he was too early this time (only 10 days) I wonder? I did an HPT and got a faint 2nd line but there were 2 lines and did some research that confirmed that yes at this point for most low HCG is normal (especially if the clinic confirms the BFP which they did). My friend also got a low HCG when they tested early and she gave birth to twins :)

So praying for it to doulbe, even triple in the next days....just rise rise rise! :wink: I go back for blood test tomorrow. Thanks again for taking time!
Tris
Regular

Postby brit1612 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Good luck, when is your next test? Keep us informed.
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular

Postby Tris » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:18 am

Hi brit1612...just to update..I waited for the 2nd blood test and doc finally called me after 2 looong hours saying not to worry cuz "Im on the right path"...HCG doubled to 35 on the 12dpt day when it was 18 at 10dpt (after 3dt). I also worried more now cuz today I started spotting then bleeding brownish red but not much and not bright red. Again the docs say some implantation is extreme for some women and some dont even have any signe...Ill write the board a new topic on this to get more opinions...if you can help on, please advise there whether its normal to bleed after a BFP on the first 2 weeks...see new post...Ill also tell my story there :) thanks!!!
Tris
Regular

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)