EMBRYO TRANSFER TODAY, COMMENCING THE 2WW

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.
kez01
Regular

EMBRYO TRANSFER TODAY, COMMENCING THE 2WW

Post by kez01 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi everyone,

well I am back again for another try. We had 2 grade 1 embryos transferred today and I am feeling very positive.

I have been having acupuncture and have lost some weight since our last cycles last year. We had a much gentler cycle this time, using menopur and cetrotide, no down regulation which was much better.

We managed to get 12 eggs and 6 fertilised. They froze 2 yesterday and feel that the remaining 2 will not be fit for freezing, that atleast gives us one more try. although I am very positive it is going to work this time.

Keeping a Positive Mental Attitude is my last hope.
We have pretty much ran out of money so this is it.

Not looking forward to the 2ww but I am not going to go insane this time I am sure of it.

Would love to chat
thanks
Kerry xx
ME 33 anovulatory/ endometriosis
DH 43 poor motility
TTC 5 years
*Clomid for 6 months, good ovulation, no pregnancies
*IVF/ICSI (1) -02/07, 2 embryos, BFN
* FET 24th -05/07: 2 embryos, BFN
*IVF/ICSI (2)- 07/08 = BFN
2 frosties waiting to be used.

Sponsor

4fanops

Post by 4fanops » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 pm

kez01 I had my transfer on Friday. I wish you the best of luck in the next 2ww. Are you going to POAS? If so when do you start trying that? Keep in touch.

kez01
Regular

Post by kez01 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi

I hope your transfer went well. We have a long wait it seems.
I will be POAS but wont start until I think day 10. My last two attempts I was POAS all the time and it just made me more depressed so I am going to just think I am pregnant and not let any negative thoughts enter my head.

I will definitely not be able to last the two weeks though.
I've been having acupuncture which helped me a great deal through my treatment, My stimulation, endometrial lining were all great and I put it down to acupuncture.
I do feel I didn't have it enough though, I started just a few weeks before my treatment began. I have a friend who has stage 4 endometriosis and had acupuncture for 9 months, her endometriosis is gone, she just had her 4th ivf cycle and is now pregnant for the first time. All these positive signs are helping me remain positive.

When are you going to start POAS. What are you doing to keep yourself occupied. So far I have been watching tv, DVDs and reading, its working so far, but hey its early days.

Take care, keep intouch
Kerry x
DH 43 poor motility
TTC 5 years

babyloves
Regular

Post by babyloves » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 pm

hi kez and fanops..
i also had a ET on friday...getting used to doing nothing, but its hard. A little about me...this is my first cycle after 3 IUI that failed...i had a really a fast response to the meds...only about 7 days of stims, and at ER, had 4/6 fertilize and 2 grade 1's transferred. I have a pic of the embies which i love to look at. I don't think we'll have any to freeze, but today is day 5 so we'll see. Kez..that's great that you have some frosties... i haven't had any symptoms yet, but i know its definitely too early. I do get cramps occas but that happened between ER and ET too. Are we supposed to feel anything? POAS before 10 days after ET is not reliable at all as the trigger shot remains in the system...or so i've been told. so i'll start then.
me 33 DH 34
TTC 4 yrs
unexplained, 3 failed IUI
7/7 IVF #1
7/18 ET - 2 embies
8/1 BFP!
[img]http://bd.lilypie.com/FrQNm4/.png[/img]

4fanops

Post by 4fanops » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:40 pm

BABYLOVES- What day were your embryos on the day of transfer? How many did you transfer? I had mine on Thursday and they where 4 day embryos. How many days am I?

kez01
Regular

Post by kez01 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:21 am

Hi fanops and babyloves,

My sister had fet in march this year and she tested on day 10 and got a very good positive result and is now 23 weeks pregnant with a little boy.

You will find you may get period type cramps and sore breasts throughout the two WW, the progesterone pessaries/injections will give you the same symptoms as if you were getting your period, so dont worry and dont let negative thoughts enter your head, you can get these symptoms whether you are pregnant or not.

fanops, if you had 2 day transfer I would think you would think you would be 4 days ahead of me as you had ET on thursday and they were 4 day embryos.

I have heard you count from the day of ER which essentially would be when you ovulated in a normal cycle. That means my day 10 will be the 27th so I think I will POAS for the first time then. It seems such a long way away.

I'm still positive today. The weekend is over and my DH has gone back to work so I have my first day at home alone to take it easy.
Positive thoughts going out to all of you, I hope your all still doing well.
take care
Kerry x
DH 43 poor motility
TTC 5 years

lisa1

2 ww

Post by lisa1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi everyone I am too in the 2ww, ET was 18th July 2008, I have cramping pain on left hand side, but think that could also be where the majority of eggs Retrived.
I had two eggs transfered grade 2 , grading 1 to 6 , 1 highest. Not sure if it was day 2 or 3 ER was Wednesday and ET on Friday.
The wait is driving me insane, cant wait to POAS. DH very supportive and helpfull, both of work for a week not sure if good thing or not, as nothing to focus on.

babyloves
Regular

Post by babyloves » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:10 pm

fanops:
mine were day 3..i think you count days from the ET, the day after being day 1. its too early...i'm not even thinking of POAS...just trying to enjoy the feeling of possibly being preggers...
welcome lisa...the day after ER is day 1, so you can probably figure out whether you have ET on day 2 or 3. Usually ET is 2-6 days after ER, but mostly day 3 or 5.
Glad everyone's doing well...my DH is home for one more day, but went out to get some errands done...when did you guys leave the house? Are you doing housework yet?
me 33 DH 34
TTC 4 yrs
7/7 IVF #1
7/18 ET - 2 embies
8/1 BFP!

kez01
Regular

Post by kez01 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi everyone,

welcome lisa :D

If you had ER on Wednesday and ET on Friday that would make them 2 day embryos, the same as me.

I havent left the house yet really, just once to have acupuncture after my ET. I havent started housework yet but feel I may give into that very soon. My husband is great but just hoovering the rug just simply wont do :lol:

I did a reflexology treatment on one of my friends from work today which I find very relaxing but other than that I have done zip.

I feel very lazy and watching Tv is giving me headaches. I definitely need something new to focus on, I did start a new book last night but i'm a fast reader so we'll see how long that one lasts. I'm going to start walking tomorrow and also coming on this site helps me alot too.

Its great to know there are other couples at the same stage as me and my DH and we can all go through it together. Thanks again to all of you.

I'll stop blabbering on now. talk to you all again soon
Kerry xx

lisa1

2 ww

Post by lisa1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments, has anyone got left side pain, I think I may be just reading to much into every little pain.
I stayed mostly on bed rest for the first two days getting up for the toilet and meals, then went to a barbeque for a couple of hours yesterday, but taking it easy as I do not want any regrets, by the way I am constanly hungry.

babyloves
Regular

Post by babyloves » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:08 pm

yeah...we are really in tune with our bodies at this point...every cramp, pang of nausea, hunger, fatigue, wanting to sleep earlier than DH...i've had them all and its only 3dpt. i haven't stepped out of the house yet, but i'm making some lunch now. plan to have dinner and watch dark knight later today with DH!
lisa - i also had ET on 7/18...when do you go in for beta? mine is 8/1. i'm soo scared!!
me 33 DH 34
TTC 4 yrs
7/7 IVF #1
7/18 ET - 2 embies
8/1 BFP!

lisa1

Post by lisa1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi Baby Love

Mine is also 1/08/08, cant wait Ive noticed alot of people do blood test's at their clinic, mine is urine test,
Does this depend on what country you are from I am from England.

babyloves
Regular

Post by babyloves » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:02 pm

oh, that's interesting that England does a urine test. Here, the blood test is considered more accurate. How's the 2WW going for you?
me 33 DH 34
TTC 4 yrs
7/7 IVF #1
7/18 ET - 2 embies
8/1 BFP!

kez01
Regular

Post by kez01 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:30 pm

hi everyone,

I'm from England too and I wish we did the blood test here but it always seems to be the urine test.

I've got my neice keeping me company today and tonight. I feel pretty tired and it is actually great to hear that someone else is really hungry. I dont know if I'm using the wait as an excuse to treat myself but I do seem to be eating alot more, which is worrying for me.

I'm starting to get bored already and wish I could just sleep for a week and wake up when I know if its worked or not.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Take care
Kerry x

babyloves
Regular

Post by babyloves » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:34 pm

hi,
just wondering if everyone on this thread is not working at the moment like me...i'm very thankful for being able to stay at thome, but then again, also bored and wishing time would fly.
Kez: hope you're day with ur neice is going well. i feel like my belly is bloated, but then again, i've been doing no activity for about 4 days now :D
me 33 DH 34
TTC 4 yrs
7/7 IVF #1
7/18 ET - 2 embies
8/1 BFP!