- It is always such a nice treat to log on and see lots of activity on this thread.
not hopeless yet
- It sounds like you are going to have a very wonderful christmas. It is great that your family will help out - I am like you, I love to do ALL the preparations myself. However; this year will be different. Depdending on when everything happens (ER/ET) - I think we will keep Christmas simple & easy. It is just DH, my sister and BIL and my father (oh, and my sister's two kids, toddler and newborn). So, I think we'll do a snack-ey Christmas with yummy nibbles all day instead of a big meal. I'll add you to the list too - keep us posted as your dates become more firm!
Also - regarding ER, it is my understanding that some women feel no pain from the procedure - so try not to worry too much! I was quite bloated for two days following and it was mostly just uncomfortable. My pants were tight so while I went to work, I was just uncomfortable sitting all day. Also, I couldn't eat very much because I felt full all the time.
- Welcome aboard and let me know if you want to join 'the list' so that we can all keep track of progress. I don't know what to tell you about AF - I was on BCP for over 6 weeks and AF was fighting me for the last 10 days. I stopped taking BCPs on Monday and was told to expect AF on Saturday after two days of lupron. But, full-flow began today. I didn't have any delay after my first IVF cycle either, she came right on time.
- I must say, I have follie-envy!!!! Sounds like you are going to get a great big (and great quality) batch of follies! You are going to get a BFP from all this. Decreasing your stim meds sounds like a blessing to me - my RE had me at maximum dose for 10 days last cycle and we only got 10 follies. I have a good FSH (6.3), but I just don't respond to the medication well. We're trying micro-dose lupron this time....
- goodluck on your u/s tomorrow - keep us posted on what RE says. Your transfer is just around the corner!!!!!!
regarding positive thinking - check out CDs/books on a process called yoga nidra. It is guided meditation and has a double positive effect of guiding you through relaxation & breathing as well as visualization. I got a book/CD set from Borders and find it really has helped keep me calm & preventing me from "tunnel vision" where all I think about is IVF. I just don't think the stressing I did last cycle over every little detail did me any good (not that it did any harm either). A relaxed & happy mind is the best state for us in IVF!
As for me, I began micro-dose lupron this morning and almost forgot to start the cycle!!!!!!!!!! My husband had to remind me
Saturday morning I add Follistim. The one thing that has me worried about this cycle is that one of my little sisters will be visiting right around the time we'll be doing ER/ET. DH and I haven't told anyone we are doing this, so I am worried about how we're going to get through the visit & these appts. I am trying not to think about it now, because after all - what can I do to change the situation?