IVF-Infertility.com home

Follicle size for ICSI

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Follicle size for ICSI

Postby angelicbeliefs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi all! I am new to this board but not the infertility journey. I am 36 and have been undergoing infertility treatments a total of 19 months now with numerous IUI, 1 miscarriage and 1 cancelled IVF cycle due to poor response. My husband and I are "unexplained infertility" (which is really frustrating!!) and are scheduled for our second IVF, this time WITH ICSI, retrieval tomorrow, transfer Sunday. I currently have 7 eggs, 15, 16, 17, 21,21,22,26 with good blood levels and lining levels. Since last time I didn't pay as much attention to size, I focused on count, I am a little in the dark. Nurse said I did great (the R side didn't respons until late last week but now we have 3 (the smaller) follicles on that side and of the 4 larger they think the 26 will not be useable...just looking for info on success rates with follicles of average size or general info...other things I have read point to positive, as well as the positive input from the nurse, but it's always good to bounce the ideas of someone who may have been in the same boat...Glad you are all out here too, this can be a lonely road sometimes.

OH! I'm also doing acupuncture which my dr was pleased about...softens the uterine lining? And if for nothing else...it's actually very relaxing!

Sending great vibes to all of you!!
angelicbeliefs

Postby tkh2008 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:49 pm

I had follicles ranging from 17-22 on my trigger day & they retrieved 16 from me, 12 were viable, 7 fertilized, 2 transfered & 1 froze. We did ICSI & I got a bfp.

This was our first IVF so I didn't understand alot of the process & still don't. :oops: They never gave me lining numbers, etc. All I got was the estrogen numbers & follicle size so I am not sure I am much help other than what I told you above. Good luck on your retrieval today!
Dh 34 Me 32
2 natural pregnancies
Dh vasectomy
Me tubal ligation
IVF:Nov. 20- 3 day transfer 2 embies
2 hpt-BFP (nov. 30, dec. 2)
Beta Dec. 4 IT"S POSITIVE!
1st beta# 404 14dpt
2nd beta# 7975 21dpt
1 baby due Aug. 10!
tkh2008
Regular

Postby Mellie_1233 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:06 am

Mine were all over the place. Only 2 were the "right" size. Two others were over 30mm and a couple were around 12mm. Out of 7 follicles there were 6 mature eggs. 5 fertilized. 4 made it to day 5 blasts. We transferred 3 and froze 1 and I had a healthy pregnancy.

I went to CCRM and they have an amazing lab. That may have helped my situation. Good luck! :D
ME: 36 DH: 36 - now both 39
DOR

Mellie_1233
Regular

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)