2ww crazy question...Ghost or anyone?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.
Post Reply
shep181
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 9:26 pm

2ww crazy question...Ghost or anyone?

Post by shep181 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Ok, so I think I am officially going bonkers in now my 7th IVF/ICSI 2ww....however, here goes:
I am 7dp3dt (I think the official day that you actually start to depart from sanity) and I have a history of mild OHSS with other rounds. 10 days past my trigger was Wed (2 days ago) and yesterday, my bloating wasn't completely gone, but I really felt much better, and to be honest, I was very discouraged since I was hoping PG Hcg probably would've kicked in by that point.
This morning, my bloating is worse than the previous 2 days, stomach is blown right up and no pain.
Here's my crazy question: In my disgust with feeling so much better yesterday, I nixed the protein bar and probably didn't drink as much fluid as I should have...could my bloating today be due to that, or is it more likely the little guy(s) have attached and are starting to release HCG? I am assuming without having any trigger left, the OHSS Symptoms wouldn't really get worse after being better??
I think I am the only woman on the planet who is excited to feel bloated, miserable and gain weight....!! Am I crazy?
Me: 36 DH: 37
TTC: forever!
6 ICSI fresh and FET's, 2 chemical, rest BFN
IVF #7: Dec 09 BFP!!!!
Beta 1: 175 Beta 2: nasty case of OHSS

Sponsor
 

Ghost
Board Veteran
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Re: 2ww crazy question...Ghost or anyone?

Post by Ghost » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:17 pm

shep181 wrote:Ok, so I think I am officially going bonkers in now my 7th IVF/ICSI 2ww....however, here goes:
I am 7dp3dt (I think the official day that you actually start to depart from sanity) and I have a history of mild OHSS with other rounds. 10 days past my trigger was Wed (2 days ago) and yesterday, my bloating wasn't completely gone, but I really felt much better, and to be honest, I was very discouraged since I was hoping PG Hcg probably would've kicked in by that point.
This morning, my bloating is worse than the previous 2 days, stomach is blown right up and no pain.
Here's my crazy question: In my disgust with feeling so much better yesterday, I nixed the protein bar and probably didn't drink as much fluid as I should have...could my bloating today be due to that, or is it more likely the little guy(s) have attached and are starting to release HCG? I am assuming without having any trigger left, the OHSS Symptoms wouldn't really get worse after being better??
I think I am the only woman on the planet who is excited to feel bloated, miserable and gain weight....!! Am I crazy?
Your hCG minimum would have occurred yesterday or the day before, if you are pregnant. By today it just might be rising, but not much yet.

Yes, you are indeed crazy. OHSS is not something you should want.

More seriously, OHSS symptoms are the only indicators of very early pregnancy that you could sense without a pregnancy test. If your OHSS returns and worsens in the next few days, then you are almost certainly pregnant. If it does not, then you can't tell, and you'll need a pregnancy test.

The best case is a pregnancy without OHSS.
Avoid IVF and surrogacy in Ukraine. Ukrainian centers pay shills to post here under numerous sock accounts pretending to be patients in Ukraine. Centers using such deceptive advertising cannot be trusted and should be avoided.

shep181
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by shep181 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Thanks Ghost, and yes, I know I'm crazy...after 7 failed attempts I think ?I would probably cut off my arm at this point if it helped.
I have read your previous posts about not needing to trigger with Hcg and I'm not sure why my clinic still does with my history of many follicles, perhaps because my previous cases weren't more severe.

I am also taking Estrogen this time and hope what I'm feeling isn't due to that...believe it or not, I a pharmacist, but IVF causes you to throw all rationale and book knowledge out the window!!
Me: 36 DH: 37
TTC: forever!
6 ICSI fresh and FET's, 2 chemical, rest BFN
IVF #7: Dec 09 BFP!!!!
Beta 1: 175 Beta 2: nasty case of OHSS

Ghost
Board Veteran
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Post by Ghost » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:39 pm

shep181 wrote:Thanks Ghost, and yes, I know I'm crazy...after 7 failed attempts I think ?I would probably cut off my arm at this point if it helped.
I have read your previous posts about not needing to trigger with Hcg and I'm not sure why my clinic still does with my history of many follicles, perhaps because my previous cases weren't more severe.

I am also taking Estrogen this time and hope what I'm feeling isn't due to that...believe it or not, I a pharmacist, but IVF causes you to throw all rationale and book knowledge out the window!!
If they trigger without hCG, the luteal support is more tricky. hCG keeps the corpus luteum alive and producing progesterone for about 10 days. If you trigger with, say, Lupron, the LH surge will mature the eggs just fine, but LH departs quickly, and the corpus luteum dies rapidly. This makes OHSS impossible, but it also requires immediate and intensive luteal support. The Univerisity of Connecticut has worked out the protocol.

Many clinics have tried Lupron triggers, but after high pregnancy loss rates, they gave up on them for fresh non-donor cycles and use them only for donor cycles and "all-freeze" cycles. In those cycles, the corpus luteum from the stimulated cycle is irrelevant.

It is common for patients to accept increasing risks after failures. That's where triplets come from, for example.
Avoid IVF and surrogacy in Ukraine. Ukrainian centers pay shills to post here under numerous sock accounts pretending to be patients in Ukraine. Centers using such deceptive advertising cannot be trusted and should be avoided.

syanna
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by syanna » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

ghost/anybody - i have a couple of questions..

I did a 2dt on Wed 12/9, so I decided to use up my last hpt just so I wont be tempted to use it during my 2ww. I took my HCG (10k) on Sat 12/5, and thought that it'll be cool just to see the test positive..however, it was negative. It has only been 4-5 days, could the hcg be out of my system already?

Also, today I'm only 2dp2dt...and this morning I seen white discharge.. why is that? That never happened last cycle. I'm just so concern with every little thing that's going on with my body. This 2ww is killing me!!

Thanks!
Me: 28 DH: 29
1st IVF - Oct '09 - BFN :*(
2nd IVF w/ICSI - Dec '09 - BFN :**(
3rd IVF w/ICSI - Feb '10 - BFN :***(
4th IVF w/ICSI + AH - Jul '10 - BFN :****(
5th IVF w/ICSI + AH - Oct '10 - Beta 10/15

Ghost
Board Veteran
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Post by Ghost » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:39 pm

syanna wrote:ghost/anybody - i have a couple of questions..

I did a 2dt on Wed 12/9, so I decided to use up my last hpt just so I wont be tempted to use it during my 2ww. I took my HCG (10k) on Sat 12/5, and thought that it'll be cool just to see the test positive..however, it was negative. It has only been 4-5 days, could the hcg be out of my system already?

Also, today I'm only 2dp2dt...and this morning I seen white discharge.. why is that? That never happened last cycle. I'm just so concern with every little thing that's going on with my body. This 2ww is killing me!!

Thanks!
I have no idea about the discharge. Report it to your clinic.

The hCG has not all left your system yet. Your HPT just failed to detect it. They are not all that reliable.
Avoid IVF and surrogacy in Ukraine. Ukrainian centers pay shills to post here under numerous sock accounts pretending to be patients in Ukraine. Centers using such deceptive advertising cannot be trusted and should be avoided.

Post Reply