IVF-Infertility.com home

GIFT - Ghost or anyone

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

GIFT - Ghost or anyone

Postby MamaBoo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Our new insurance will cover fertility treatment. However, it will not cover any treatment in which fertilization takes place outside of the mother's body. By the wording of the coverage, it should cover GIFT does anyone know the pregnancy rates for such a procedure? Are there other treatments we should try?

We have 3 failed IUI's. First one was with Clomid, but caused lining to be too thin. Next two were with Femera. I only produced one mature egg with each of these. IVF w/egg retrieval once: almost had had OHSS. Had to take eggs earlier than would have liked. I may have had 20 or so with more time. However, got 9 mature eggs, 8 fert all 8 still around when we did 3 day transfer. 5 made it to freeze on day 5 - full blasts. IVF #1 ended in miscarriage and FET ended in a wonderful son who will be 1 on Nov 28. One blast didn't make it through thaw. FET was originally pregnant w/twins, but one was reabsorbed. We do have 2 more frosties and will pay ourselves to use those first. However, I am a planner and always want to have my course mapped.
Me 34 endo, MTHFR, clotting issues
DH 47 semi-low morphology
TTC 6 yrs
3 IUI's all BFN
IVF#1: 10/08 BFP early MC
FET#1: 03/09 BFP
DS born 11/28/09
FET#2: 03/11
DS born 11/21/2011

MamaBoo
Regular

Re: GIFT - Ghost or anyone

Postby Ghost » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:15 am

MamaBoo wrote:Our new insurance will cover fertility treatment. However, it will not cover any treatment in which fertilization takes place outside of the mother's body. By the wording of the coverage, it should cover GIFT does anyone know the pregnancy rates for such a procedure? Are there other treatments we should try?

We have 3 failed IUI's. First one was with Clomid, but caused lining to be too thin. Next two were with Femera. I only produced one mature egg with each of these. IVF w/egg retrieval once: almost had had OHSS. Had to take eggs earlier than would have liked. I may have had 20 or so with more time. However, got 9 mature eggs, 8 fert all 8 still around when we did 3 day transfer. 5 made it to freeze on day 5 - full blasts. IVF #1 ended in miscarriage and FET ended in a wonderful son who will be 1 on Nov 28. One blast didn't make it through thaw. FET was originally pregnant w/twins, but one was reabsorbed. We do have 2 more frosties and will pay ourselves to use those first. However, I am a planner and always want to have my course mapped.

My clinic stopped doing GIFT about a decade ago. Low success rates.

Good luck with your upcoming FET.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby karenvancouverisland » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:02 am

never heard of it, sorry. i'd call your insurance company to discuss it.. best of luck
38 yrs. DOR, TTC since '04, recommended DE but didn't listen
3 IVF's & 1 FET: 1 cancellation, 1 m/c @ 12 wks, 1 chemical, 1 miracle boy & miracle 'natural' PG right now while waiting to cycle (WTF?)
feb 21 hb 154
karenvancouverisland
Regular

Postby wardjacke » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Our new insurance will protect virility therapy. However, it will not protect any therapy in which fertilizing arises outside of the mother's body.
wardjacke

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)