IVF-Infertility.com home

Anyone doing IVF at MGH in Boston?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Anyone doing IVF at MGH in Boston?

Postby Lynzee22 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Am waiting to start IVF at MGH and am wondering if anyone else has done IVF there?
Me: Bilateral Hydrosalpinges (removed 3/24/11)
DH: Nothing wrong
TTC: 5+ years
1st IVF- 5/4/11- start BCP for 4 weeks then injections!
Lynzee22

Re: Anyone doing IVF at MGH in Boston?

Postby Peppi » Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 am

We are not but are thinking of switching to MGH. How do you like your experience there so far?
Me: 40, DH: older
DD: 5 years old, conceived naturally
TTC baby #2: 1 year
Unexplained infertility
IFV #1 (converted from IUI): Apr 2011, nada
Peppi

Postby Lynzee22 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Well so far I haven't really done anything- I am seeing Dr. Petrozza and he had to remove both fallopian tubes and now I am waiting for my period to come so I can start the birth control and other meds- so I dont really have an opinion... YET! As for him, so far I have felt very comfortable with him and the nurses but that's all I have for now..
Me: Bilateral Hydrosalpinges (removed 3/24/11)
DH: Nothing wrong
TTC: 5+ years
1st IVF- 5/4/11- start BCP for 4 weeks then injections!
Lynzee22

Postby dns1228 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Lynzee,
I know that this post is older so not even sure if you are still active but thought I would try anyway....

I am thinking of switching to MGH and Dr. Petrozza. I would love to hear your thoughts on the clinic and experience. I am very nervous to make the switch as I love me current RE. However, I am just coming off my 4th failed ET so I am thinking it may be time for a switch.

I would appreciate any feedback/info you would be willing to share.

Thanks!
dns1228

Postby Wondercat » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 pm

I use Dr. Petrozza at MGH. To an extent I'm not sure how much my input can help because I have never been to another clinic, but here goes...

We had 1 failed fresh cycle and 1 failed FET before getting our BFP on the 2nd fresh cycle in 2009. I was pleased to see that after both failed cycles they really did assess how the cycle went and made changes based on that. For our successful fresh cycle we did a different retrieval method (TESE) for my husband and some changes in meds/doses for my stim cycle. Everything went much more smoothly than the first time around. They have a good relationship with Village Pharmacy so getting all the requisite drug paraphernalia was seamless and easy. Again, I have no comparison to other clinics but based on my own research I felt them to be using the most up-to-date medications, equipment, and methodology.

As for the staff, everyone working there in my experience was very nice and professional - EXCEPT one doctor whose name I can send you in a PM if you like. In that case I did make a complaint to my nurse and clearly there was a note added to my file because I was never treated by this doctor again. It was not bad enough to make me stop going there. I felt comfortable and informed leaving my conversations with Dr. Petrozza, and felt very confident about the urologist who did my husband's 2nd retrieval. Overall, I am not looking for a warm & fuzzy clinic - I want the place that is going to help me have babies. This morning I was awakened by a little blond-haired, blue-eyed boy in footsie pajamas scampering down the hall screaming "MAMA!" Bottom line, Dr. Petrozza and his team are responsible for that.
Me: 33
DH: 35 (CBAVD)

IVF #1 (1): BFN
FET #1 (2): BFN
IVF #2 (2): BFP!! DS born 10/24/09
FET #2 (2): BFN
FET #3 (2): 11/21/12 -- GO TEAM B!! :)

Wondercat
Regular

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)