IVF-Infertility.com home

What vitamins and supplements to take?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

What vitamins and supplements to take?

Postby amiahjordan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:37 pm

With my first FET I only took prenatals, and it failed. I have read book after book and this is the regement I have been on since my last FET cycle in March which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. So I feel that something is working right. Here is my list sorry so long:

Fish oil w/ EPA, DHA, Omega 3-1400mg (recommended from my acupuncturist)
Prenantal vitamin
Folic acid-800mcg
Vitamin B-50
calcium-1200mg (lupron depleats bone mass)
Spirulina aka green-algee-760mg
DHEA-25mg
baby aspirin-81mg
magnesium-250mg
royal jelly-300mg
L-arginine-500mg (stopping this 2 days before trandfer)
biotin-5000mcg
CoEnzyme Q10-100mg
bromelain 500mg (start taking 2 days before transfer stop 7 after)
red rasberry leaves 800mg (start taking 2 days before transfer stop 7 days after)
tylonal if needed
I drink whey proitein everyday for the protein too

I know this may sound like a lot but if you have any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them. I have done a lot of research on all of these and they need to be in your body at the time of implantation from what I understand. Thanks for listening.... :lol:
amiahjordan

Sponsor

Re: What vitamins and supplements to take?

Postby Happy Bunny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:54 pm

I'd take the list to your RE and ask them... From what I understand, you are not supposed to take supplements and herbals unless otherwise directed to or approved by your RE.

Personally, I didn't take anything but what my RE told me to take: Folic acid, baby aspirin and prenatal vitamin.
Barbara
Me: 38 2X Ectopic; DH: 38 MF
IVF #1 ET 10/11/10 BFP Brooke Marie
IVF #2 ET 11/11/11 BFP Travis James

ImageImage

ImageImage
Happy Bunny
Regular

Postby Lynzee22 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Does anyone know about taking Royal Jelly with a bee alergy?
Me: Bilateral Hydrosalpinges (removed 3/24/11)
DH: Nothing wrong
TTC: 5+ years
1st IVF- 5/4/11- start BCP for 4 weeks then injections!
Lynzee22

Postby margi26 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Lynzee: I don't know from a medical standpoint...but this is what I found on a site promoting Royal Jelly. It was enough for me not to want to take the risk! But perhaps someone in the medical field on here knows more specifics:

"There are no known side effects to taking pure royal jelly on its own or in a more common ginseng royal jelly bee pollen combination if you are a normal, healthy individual. However, if you have a known bee allergy, stay far away from royal bee jelly, since it is a bee product and could trigger a serious allergic reaction."

Hm...this is what I found on WebMD:

"Asthma or allergies: Don’t use royal jelly if you have asthma or allergies. It could cause some serious reactions, even death."
Me: 44, endo. & 1 tube due to rupture
DH 36 fine
IVF#1 double ectopic/severe OHSS 12/08
IVF#2 BFN
IVF#3 BFP-->m/c
IUI#1, #2, and #3, 2010 BFN
IVF#4-2/11 HPT=BFP 11dpo; 13dpo=240! 15dpo=653, 20dpo=5522,3/29=u/s-1sac1yolk 4/4=2 HBs!
ImageImage
margi26
Valued Contributor

Postby brit1612 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:08 pm

We did not do anything other than what the doctor perscribed either, but we will soon be trying for number 2. Since our first miracle took 5 years I am open to trying anything this next go around. (With doctors approval, of course!) I recently bought the IVF success program and plan on trying some of the suggestions in the book. She recommends certain foods that are said to increase fertility, acupuncture, etc.

http://ivfsuccessstories.info/2011/01/t ... am-review/

Good luck to you! Our little boy is worth all the heartache that we had to endure, and I would go through it all again in a heartbeat!
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular

Postby Luke23 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:06 am

This is a very nice post for body supplements. Actually I also want to know the same query, but in some different form. I am taking ‘Vitamin B-50’ on regular basis from last some days. Can you tell; it is fine to take it regularly or using it at alternative days is better?
Green supplements
Luke23

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)