-- YAY! Congrats! That's so great!
- those websites were really interesting - thanks for sharing them!
- If you haven't already watched them - I love love love love True Blood. It's totally ridiculous, with crazy amounts of violence and sex - but totally fun.
I hope no one comments about your weight. Ugh. I've gained about 20lbs since losing the boys this summer - mostly stress and depression. If someone said something about my weight, I think I'd kill them! I think so many of us gain weight during this process because it's so stressful. Nothing makes me feel better than a big bowl of ice cream!
your beta is awesome! I'm so excited for your u/s results next!
- my birthday was just 3 days after we lost Asaf this summer. I decided that all I wanted to do was go see a movie. We went to see "X-Men First Class" and ordered a giant popcorn with a GIANT diet cola. It was fantastic to sit and ignore the world for 3 hours of nonsense. I'm glad you got out to see a movie and enjoyed it! I'm so glad to hear that your DH is being so wonderful. In all of this, I just try to remember how much DH and I love each other and how much we mean to each other. I see friends having kids with men who aren't good for them (even when they are married!) and I'm so glad to know that when we finally have a child, we will be raising that child in a loving, happy home.
- HURRAY FOR STARTING! I stop my BCP on Wednesday and I'm so excited! We will be really close -- maybe another coffee date to obsess while we 2ww together? You mentioned that you read a book called "Still Alice". I had bought it a while ago and never got around to reading it, but since you mentioned it, I picked it up. That's really an amazing book. (I'm about 3/4 through). Soooooo sad and depressing (I'm guessing there's no happy ending!), but I'm okay with sad/depressing if it isn't about losing babies. (Warning for anyone else who picks up this great book -- the daughter gets pregnant with twins via IVF in the middle -- so be warned if that's a 'trigger' for you). Where do you find good English book in this country that don't cost a fortune? I find the used book stores mostly have 'best-seller' type books (lots and lots of Tom Clancy, John Grisham and Danielle Steele type books). I've spending way too much money on books! I miss public libraries! Maybe we can swap/borrow books?
almost time for your FET! Fingers crossed so much for you!
- hormones make us ladies crazy enough in general - but during cycles, I'm always a mess! I remember a 'low point' in my cycling -- a song came on the radio and made me cry so hard I had to pull the car over - guess which song? Katy Perry's "California Gurlz"!
I hope your DH understands that the hormones are making you so touchy.
- woohoo for rugby! another dog person too! What is your pugs name? We have a little mutt named Johnny who is 3. We've had him since he was a tiny puppy. I never had a dog growing up, but DH wanted one so badly that we got one -- and now he is totally a member of the family! -- You'll be FET-ing the same time as me (approx). I hope this is finally it for both of us!
- huh? I do the Follistim (Puregon) pens and I've never had to inject twice -- what dose are you doing? Sounds nuts!
-- I'm hoping we get good news from you soon....
back to work today! My entire family left yesterday, which is a relief but also sad. I miss them already!
This week is another hard week. I know I should stop 'counting', but I can't. Tomorrow would have been exactly 38 weeks pregnant -- the final day if I hadn't yet delivered (twins are induced at 38 weeks if they haven't come earlier). How sad.
Tomorrow is also my last BCP....
Hopefully getting AF over the weekend and starting the FET on Sunday.
For those that have done FETs, what was your protocol? I've never done Lupron (antagonist fresh cycles - so no Lupron - and I've never taken it before a FET either). Usually, I do 2mg of Estrofem orally 3xday for about 2.5-3 weeks and then start progesterone 5 days before transfer. Is 6mg of Estrofem/Estrace normal? My FETs always take such a long time ('ovulation' around CD20, instead of CD14). Should I ask about taking a higher dose of Estrofem?