- waiting is really the hardest part. We've been doing treatment cycles (or pregnancies) non-stop for 2.5 years, but still, I hate waiting even just a few weeks in between things! You're welcome to hang out - but I know it's so hard to see everyone move forward while you are waiting. Your time will come...
- ugh. So frustrating when you don't know what's going on and they don't explain what they are doing - but try to just trust the doctors. I've never understood how the figure out doses or why they want me to trigger when they do - but it's always worked out! I hate when you have to back every day -- ugh. How far is Nashville (your RE's clinic) from where you live?
- "spooky baby" - I love it! My boys (and this frostie) were retrieved on Valentine's Day (Feb 14, 2011) - so I'm hoping that this will be my "lovey baby"!
- I think it was I who suggested finding out the sex of the baby. It's hard to know that the baby you lost was a boy, but I think it may help in the long run (give you more closure, more pictures of him in your head). I'm glad you shared that information with your husband. I know it's hard - but I'm glad you can lean on each other.
- have you adopted? Are you also pursuing that? What I hate most is when people hear my story (6 IVFs, 3 pregnancies, still no baby...) they always say "Well, at least you can always adopt" -- wtf? Sheesh. Adopting means giving up on so much (a pregnancy, giving birth, a biological child, a brand-new-born baby, and goodness knows what else). We are ready to give up on all that to be parents (via adoption). If only it was as easy as deciding to adopt and being able to adopt. I get so nervous that we won't get approved....
btw - it took me 9 weeks to get AF after my D&C (and that was with Provera, I didn't ovulate after the D&C, so it could have taken longer if I wasn't being monitored by the clinic)
- I've only had one miscarriage, but my first set of twins were born (alive) and passed at 22 weeks (too young for the NICU) and my second set were born premature and neither baby survived in the NICU. The miscarriage is considered "unrelated' and just bad luck. I think that my two preterm twin deliveries were related, but none of the MFMs I've spoken to agree --- basically, I've been told that each preterm delivery was a 1 in a million fluke... and I was "lucky" enough to have TWO '1in a million' things happen to me.... everyone tries to reassure me that my next pregnancy will be fine (but no one wants me to carry twins again). I hope you get past your scary 6-7 weeks time without any bleeding!
- 11/11/11 will be a lucky day! When I first found out I was pregnant in February and figured out that my due date was 11/8/11, the first thing I thought was "wow, 11/11/11 would be an awesome birthday!" (Then we found it was twins and I knew I would never get to 40w3d!) I have a friend who is due at the beginning of March this year, I'm really hoping her baby is born 2.29.2011 -- because that would be AWESOME! I grew up in the USA, where everyone writes the date dd/mm/yyyy -- here in Israel, the date is written the European way - mm/dd/yyyy -- so I really like when there are dates that aren't ambigous -- for example, my birthday is the 31st of the month, so if I forget and write it backwards, everyone knows what I meant (7/31 or 31/7 -- you know I didn't mean the 7th day of the 31st month!). My husband's birthday is Sept 11 (I know, I know...) -- but if I forget and write 9/11 instead of 11/9 - everyone assumes November 9!
- I'm sorry and I don't have any answers. One of my FETs, my lining didn't seem to grow between checkups, but I continued on the estradiol tablets (and was super depressed!) and things turned out fine. My FETs always take a long time until transfer -- I hope everything looks good at the next check up
- congrats on 2 heartbeats! They say that once you see the heartbeats, the chance of losing a baby goes down a lot. How are you feeling? good? Tired? enjoy your Minnesota winter -- I live in a tropical climate, so when it gets wintery here, everyone freaks out. The temps finally dropped down to the 60s, and everyone is wearing boots and coats and gloves - too funny compared to my childhood in Pittsburgh PA! I'm still wearing sandals, and everyone thinks I'm crazy!
- I'm glad things are looking better. Only day 6 (of your cycle, or of meds?) and so far along already? Weird - but hopefully good!
I love hot baths too - and I'm also crazy about avoiding them while cycling. Like so many things (one cup of coffee/day, or too much lifting, etc) that are probably fine while pregnant (and most non-infertile women do all the time while TTC) because of my history and how hard we have to try to get pregnant, I don't do them "just in case". Can you get a massage? If not, ask DH for one! One of my favorite things about my DH is that he loves to give massages. He'll come over and rub my back while we're watching TV or whatever. Definitely helps me relax!
and thanks for bringing "SnS" back
-- for those who don't know what that means -- it stands for "Stick 'n' Stir" -- a clinic visit for blood work ("stick") and transvaginal u/s ("stir"). I don't remember who started that (do you, Christy?) but it was all the rage on last years Winter board!
- what I do to keep up with personals is open the part where I last wrote, then open the "Post Reply" in a new tab/window -- that way, I can refer back to the posts all in order. (the posts that show up on the bottom are only the last page -- and in opposite order!)
- so nice to hear from you! Congrats on your ER - sounds great. I usually get between 14-18 eggs and I've always had good things to transfer on day 5 - let us know how your embies are doing!
- although AF isn't technically due until Saturday (4 days after stopping BCP is normal for me), I'm tempting her with all my might! I have a really long day today - and I'm purposefully wearing white underwear and not carrying any pads/tampons with me! That seems to work
(I can always borrow from a co-worker or run to the store if she shows up).
I'm getting excited. I hope I'm not just gonig to have my dreams crushed again....