- welcome! Congrats on the retrieval - when will your transfer be - day 3 or day 5? Good luck. I see from your signature that you've also had a late loss. It's unbelievable that after working so hard for a pregnancy, we can lose our babies. Hopefully, we'll both get 'rainbow babies'. ---- I always have done the vaginal suppositories (never oral). I take 400mg of "Utrogestan" twice a day. Never had any side effects except some nasty vaginal discharge.
- another DH computer programmer! That's what my husband does too! I hope the job stuff all works out. It's so stress - especially in the USA where you have to pay for fertility treatments and work to have health insurance.
- hope your ER goes really well today! "fresh" means an egg/oocyte retreival (no matter where the sperm comes from) and "frozen" means transferring embryos that were previously made and frozen. So yup - you are doing a fresh cycle! MESA sounds so painful. We are doing IVF/ICSI because my husband's sperm count is super super super low (as in 'dozens' instead of 'millions') and everyone keeps telling him that he is lucky to have some swimmers in his ejaculate so he doesn't need MESA/TESA! I've never had pain after ER (I've done 3). Just annoying side effects from the anesthesia (headaches, drowsiness, fuzzy-headedness)
- I'm so so so so so sorry. Canceled cycles are such a huge nightmare. I hope you can try again really soon and have your transfer in December. Has this ever been a problem before?
- you take Ganirelix IM (intra-muscular)? I take "Orgalutran" (same drug, different brand name here) and it's SC (sub-cutaneous - ie, into fat instead of muscle). GOOD LUCK TODAY! GET PREGNANT!
-yup, only one hour ahead now, but that changes really soon, no? We change our clocks back before our holidays in Sept-Oct - so for about a month, we are on Europe time. Enjoy London! I've vacationed there twice and loved it! (then again, the rain and cold is a novelty for us! - just as exciting as people who come here and are so excited to go to the beach in January!)
your RE hasn't answered the last four emails?!?! That's crazy! At least here, I'm not paying out of pocket, so I understand that the service isn't as good (doctors, even REs, don't earn good money here). I also get comments of "relax and a miracle will happen".... ummm -- NO IT WON'T! Sheesh! --- Why was your DH in Austria? What will he be donig all winter? Military?
- one of each? How exciting! (and how exciting to know so early! I'm always DYYYYINIINING to know the sex of the baby!)
- Congrats! Hopefully I'm right behind you on the FET train. I'm terrified, but also excited. I hate doing this, but I know it's the only way to get my baby...
when I was pregnant with twins (both times) I was constantly EXHAUSTED! I would work, go home and go to sleep and then wake up for work in the morning. Must be hard with 2 other little kids around!
- how much was half the Ovidrel (we have different drug names here and I'm not familiar with it)? I think that you lose the hCG at a rate of 1,000 per day --- so if you take 10,000iu, after 10 days, it's clear out of your system.
AF sucks. I forget that every time. I'm so excited to start my period so I can start my cycle -- but Ihate having my period! GROSS! I hate tampons and pads and forgetting to change them -- ick! NO light colored bottoms for me!
I'm super pissed that I couldn't reach my clinic or any other fertility nurses/doctors on Friday. I started my period and didn't know what was worse - to start the pills without the baseline SnS or to wait until CD3 -- I decided to start my pills. I really really hope I didn't ruin my cycle, but I doubt I did. I'll probably get a strict "talking-to" from the nurses about 'self-medicating', but I don't care. I blame myself for the stress, since I should have asked about what to do in situations like this...
I go for SnS tomorrow morning. I hope it goes quickly and smoothly, since I'm supposed to be at work by 8 but the clinic only opens at 7:30. I'll get there around 7 so I'm the first one on line. I also have to process my insurance paperwork with the hospital, so that'll take some time too. I think I'm going to go with "my car wouldn't start" as the excuse!