whew! A whole bunch happen since I last wrote. I read more often than I write - so I'm following everyone!
- I'm so sorry you are in beta hell - I'm glad the number is going up, but I know how stressed you must be feeling about it. I hope for good news soon!
- you are pregnant, of course you are exhausted! Only 9 days until your u/s! How far along will you be? I'm glad you had a good Halloween - your costumes sound cute! We have a holiday with costumes (in March, called Purim) - I need ideas for a good couples costume (that DH will agree too!)
- I have ghetto teeth too! I've had 18 teeth filled. More of my mouth is filling polymer than actual tooth! It's crazy because I'm so good about hygiene (DH never brushes his teeth regularly and has never had a cavity - I brush/floss daily and all my teeth are rotten!) My dentist says that it's very little to do with hygiene - if you have bad teeth, they'll rot no matter what you do. -- I never feel sexy while I'm bloated from the IVF
- feel better! Migraines suck so much. I used to have chronic migraines as a child, but luckily, I 'out grew' them. Sorry the ex-wife is such a nightmare. I grew up in one of those situations with a HORRIBLE step-mother (my father is the nightmare parent) - so kudos to you for being a step-mom, I know it must be really hard.
- ICKICKICK ICK ! I can't watch that tooth scene in Castaway without wanting to throw up! I can't imagine! My filling hurt enough with plenty of anesthesia! --- buy cheaper POAS sticks! I buy mine on eBay - I get 50 x 10miu test strips for about $20 shipped to me!
- thanks for adding perspective - "I'm not in prison or arrested, so today's a good day" - I think I'll borrow that sentiment when I talk to my mom! She always asks how I'm doing - I always say "fine" -- maybe I'll add some 'spice' to the conversation! --- Tomorrow is Thursday! GOOD LUCK!
- are you using ICSI? That can lead to lower fertilization rates (our fert rate is about 50% and we do ICSI because of severe MFI) -- Good luck -- I have a less than ideal embryo to transfer now, and it's so disappointing that I'm not going to get the best chance I can -- but there are plenty of people who have babies from less than ideal transfers. Fingers crossed for you!
- Vegas? I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Vegas - I'm not into gambling, but I want to go see all the other sights. I told DH that for our 10th anniversary (or 15th, or whenever we can get away) that I want to go to Vegas and re-new our wedding vows in a drive-thru chapel with Elvis
--- have you found out if you are part of the trial or not (ie, transferring now or doing PGD)?
- good luck on Friday! I'll be stalking to hear news about how many eggs you got! (do you want me to make you food for Shabbat so you don't have to worry about it?)
- glad to hear you had a good time in London! We took a vacation to Greece for a weekend in January last year and it was soooo nice to relax and take a short break.
- welcome! Sorry to hear about your losses. Fingers crossed for your beta on Monady - will you be taking a home pregnancy test (HPT) first? -- don't worry about catching up - just jump on in!
- CONGRATS! That's amazing! Good luck! When's your next appt/us?
- I love that you POAS to test out the trigger - I like when I'm not the only POAS-crazy person on the board
10 years is a long time! Congrats. DH and I are coming up on the 8th anniversary of our first date!
- I'm a BAD BAD BAD girl. Don't tell DH (or Ghost) who told me that my plan is a terrible idea.... I've always taken 2mg of Estrofem three times a day for my FETs and it always takes forever to get my lining thick enough -- so I asked my doctor. He said that the dosage is fine and that 20days until starting progesterone is normal. So, I've decided to secretly add a dose - I'm taking a fourth pill before bed, and I'm taking it vaginally. From what I understand, taking it vaginally can help my lining more without making my e2 blood levels rise too much. I'm worried that too much of the oral dose is getting filtered out by my kidneys or whatever. We'll see... I have my next SnS on Monday. What's the worst that can happen? I wasn't optimistic about this cycle anyways. I've wanted to switch up my FET protocol (since I've never had a FET work), but my doctor said that the protocol was fine and all the FETs failing was just 'luck'. So I'm switching it up by myself - either it works and I get my transfer sooner, or it doesn't work and the transfer goes as planned, or it doesn't work and I've ruined my cycle - in which case maybe they'll change the protocol for the next FET. I don't think this will ruin my transfer, but I'm more anxious for my SnS on Monday than ever!
We also have a meeting with the government adoption ministry on Sunday - I know they won't have good things to tell us (basically, the wait for a healthy baby is impossibly long) - but we really want to start pursuing that. I can't imagine doing the whole IVF/pregnancy thing more than a few more times - and we want more than one kid, ideally. So we'll see.
GAAAH I'm so antsy! I don't remember feeling THIS antsy in previous cycles. I think that the more I go through, the more desperate and crazy I become.
- where are you, honey? Are you okay?