- my dentist still gives me a sticker for every filling
Ask - they'll probably give you a lollipop if you want one! That's what I miss most from being a kid -- I want a sticker every time I get blood drawn at the IVF clinic!
oooooh turkey - I love love love turkey -- no one here buys the whole bird and stuffs it - the ovens are too small! I special ordered a whole turkey for our first Thanksgiving here, and had a huge problem when it didn't fit in my teeny oven! I had to cook it on the grill! I also hate the messy suppositories -- I'll start mine in a few weeks and hopefully continue them for a long time. The only upside of a BFN is stopping the messy suppositories!
About your annoying traffic violation -- I grew up in a house one away from a 4-way stop intersection. My parents rarely (if ever) completely stopped at that intersection, because our driveway was about 15ft away from it. Of course, one night I was with my mom in the car and she 'yielded' at the stop sign. A cop pulled her over IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE! My dad was standing in the window, watching and laughing at us while my mom got a traffic violation.
- Tuscaloosca? What an awesome name of a city to live in!
- I loved "The Help" book too and haven't seen the movie yet! At this point, I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD. Have fun with the Village People -- I would love to see some of the shows in Vegas -- group trip someday?
I can't wait to hear what part of the study you fall into! Good luck with retrieval today!
- good luck today!
Laura (and Christy
) - I think about baby names all the time! We came up with some AWFUL choices for our boy/girl twins (and ended up never naming them. I wanted to, but DH was really against it). Micha was named after my DH's grandfather. (Pronounced with the harsh "ch" sound that most Americans can't say, but the same name as Micah in English- Micha was one of the biblical prophets.) Asaf is a Hebrew name that means "harvest" or "addition" - they were due during the Jewish 'harvest' holiday (Sukkot) and he was the "additional" baby (baby B)!
As for future babies' names, I would really like a name that reflects what we've been through. Lots of names in Hebrew give praise to God - but I'm not so thrilled with God at the moment and I'm having a lot of doubts with my belief. Lots of people give names that mean "comfort" (Nechama, Menachem) to babies born after a loss (not necessarily a loss of a child or pregnancy, but also a loss of a parent/grandparent/sibling/etc), but I don't like that sentiment so much. Any baby we have in the future will not 'comfort' me about everything we've been though.
I would love to name a baby with the meaning of "journey" or something (but not Journey - too much a stripper's name!). The girl's name "Tikva" means "Hope" in Hebrew, maybe that (although I don't love the way it sounds). I really like the name "Grace", but there isn't really an equivalent in Hebrew. I've always loved the girl's name Dafna (Daphne in English, means "Laurel" in Greek). DH's grandmother was Rose, so there may be a Rose/Rosa/Rosie/Roslyn in our future!
Boys names are tough! I had a hard time coming up with names for the boys I've had already! Maybe "Nadav" (means 'generous')? I like the name "Etai" too...
Hopefully I'll have reason to start thinking of baby names again soon!
- people who started TTC the same time as us have more than one kid already! Crazy.... even our friends who also had fertility problems are having kids before us.... it's not a race, but it's hard to watch. I'm sorry you didn't get any to freeze. Hopefully, this will work and you won't need frozen embryos, but it's always nice to have backup.
- congrats! How did the frostie survive the thaw? Enjoy taking advantage of your husband for the next little while!
- since we already had a 'pubic hair' discussion - let's start a waxing vs shaving one! Why do you prefer waxing? I shave, but not very frequently in the winter! Hurray for long pants and tights/leggings!
- would you like me to take over a list-mistress so you can take a break from us? What kind of math are you studying? Are they going to put you to sleep for the D&C? I was. The hysteroscopy wasn't painful, but just very uncomfortable. Endo biopsy I had done with no pain killers and it HURT! (just a warning ,not to scare you!) Either a cruise or NYC sounds great! I lived in NYC for several years, it's great fun, especially at Xmas time! I've never done a cruise, but I've always wanted too! Sorry I haven't skyped - I've been crazy busy!
- how scary! (is the car okay?) I was in a fender bender the say that I got my BFP last August (at 7dp5dt) and freaked freaked freaked out! (I did miscarry, but it wasn't related to that at all!) Anything (cramping, bloating, tenderness) can be a sign of a BFN or a BFP -- you never know! I'm hoping for you! 9dp5dt will probably show you an accurate result (although, I never believe a BFN until beta....) I totally understand wanting to get the news at home and not at work, that is why I started POAS during my first cycle (I waited until beta day, but POAS in the morning). Now, I've just become obsessed
- just plodding along... taking my 3 (umm... secretly 4) pills a day.... waiting for Sunday's adoption meeting and Monday's SnS
Finally getting cold here - I put on a sweater this morning! Still wearing sandals though I probably shouldn't be. I pulled my boots out of the back of my closet and wore them on Monday --- I forgot that the heel had broken the last time I wore them in March! Time to go shoe shopping...)