- oy! I always mess up on time change night -- I end up at work either an hour early or an hour late. I like it better in the USA, when time change is NOT a work night
- I'm not a big drinker - I wish I was! I hate getting drunk, even a little tipsy. D will have a beer when he is trying to relax, but it doesn't help me the same way. But I just love the way Bailey's in hot chocolate tastes! Another great mix - chocolate liquor in mint tea - yummm & great for a sore throat. Keep up the PMA! You are getting your BFP today!
- I'm so sorry that you lost your daughter. I lost my first twins (a boy and a girl, who we never named) after pPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes -- baby a's water broke). They were born alive, but too young even for the NICU. I lost my boys after PTL - I felt a little "off" and went to the doctor to find I was in full-blown labor. They did really well the first few days in the NICU, but then things went downhill. I wanted to try the progesterone injections but I was told they don't help in twin pregnancies. For my next pregnancy, I'm doing the injections and getting a preventative cerclage. ---- I really hope you are wrong and that this cycle did worked, but I know how sometimes just the thought of a failed cycle is overwhelming.
- thanks. It's nice to feel appreciated and supported. A little crazy how *little* of that I get in my real life.
- Kudos on sleeping until 11am! When I'm so accustomed to waking up for work, I wake up early on weekends too no matter how late I stay up. I really hope this week brings a whole new chapter to your life...
- all 8 are still going? That's great! I hope you go for a 5 day transfer - with 8 embryos, you'll likely have one to transfer. Are you going to transfer 2?
- new haircuts always make me feel better. I hope you like it! Happy Birthday!
- I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA - went to college in NYC - and then moved to Jerusalem Israel just over 4 years ago. Prety wild, no?
I hope the Viagra works! (and that no one spies on your bathroom medicine cabinet and thinks your husband is the one using it! Awful story - but when my parents split up, my dad moved into my grandparents house temporarily because they are snowbirds and were in Florida for the winter. Anyway - I found Viagra in the medicine cabinet while I was looking for Tylenol - and I didn't know who it was for -- my 80+ grandfather or my 40yo dad who was in the middle of a divorce! I still don't know!)
- I usually got my BFPs at 12"dpo" - so 9dp3dt or 7dp5dt --- good luck and let us know!
- I hope AF comes on Friday! I'll be AF dancing for you! I'm also so worried my embryo won't thaw
- yay! Triggering is the best - because it means no more SnS and very few more injections! Good luck tomorrow!
- I hope your beta is zero today.... this wait is so hard...
- one hour shouldn't make a difference at all with the PIO, don't worry! I've had bad cramps with all my cycles (BFN and BFP) so I'm hoping it's just nothing!
- disappointment from all angles...
Adoption meeting yesterday was awful -- The wait for a healthy baby (ie, no fetal alcohol syndrome, no Down's, no cerebal palsey, no addiction/withdrawal, not HIV positive) is 7 years. We filed our paperwork last year, but never followed up because I got pregnant with the boys. So this was our follow up - to ask what to do next. Now, she told us to just wait and call her in 5 years (ie 6 years into the wait) and then start the process. WTF? <sigh> She asked if we really want to wait another 6 years. What choice do we have? We might as well be on this waiting list. I mentioned that maybe we'll have a baby and then in 6 years adopt a second. She dropped a huge bombshell on us -- apparently, this 7 year waiting list is for your FIRST baby only. If you want to adopt a second child (no matter if the first is biological or adopted) that is a DIFFERENT 7-10 year waiting list that you can only apply to once you have a first child. ARRRGGHGHHHHHH!
Of course, she said the most AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL things to us -- "You're so young, why are you so stressed about this?" "Just relax and it'll happen. If you relax, you'll get pregnant and carry to term." "I *know* you'll have a baby." "Maybe if you relax, you'll get pregnant even without the IVF." "My daughter is your age and she isn't even *thinking* about kids. What's the rush?" GRRRRR. I ran out, crying.
I was hoping adoption would be a real option and would let us give up on the IVF -- but it's really not. I'm so angry.
Hopefully the 'foster-to-adopt' program will work better for us. Unfortunately, our case work left the organization and passed her files to a different case worker.... who doesn't answer her phone or return her messages. I've called every day for a week and I'm still waiting to hear from her....
SnS this morning was a bit better, but not great. My lining is a 7. They like to see a 10. So I was told that I'll probably need to continue for a week and then come back (depends on my blood work and what the doctor says). I really really really pushed to come back on Thursday for another SnS. Remember, it takes 5 days of progesterone until my transfer -- I'd love to start that soon. Because my clinic is closed Fri and Sat, I can only start the progesterone on Tues, Wed, or Thurs, so I'd really rather NOT wait another week and a half to start the progesterone. Hopefully, they'll let me come back on Thursday (CD 14) and the lining will be thick enough to start the progesterone.
Ughhhhh..... sometimes I hate my life.