- there are almost no Israeli babies for adoption, that's why this wait for domestic adoption is so long. So frustrating.
- my name is Leora. My screenname (for almost all things) is "leorira11". Yup - I made that up when I was 11 years old for my first AOL account
I've used it for so many years that I can't bother changing it now! Your sister-in-law is coming over to shoot you up in the bum? Is she a nurse, or just a sadist?
The 14th is soooo far away! I say POAS ( I would wait for 9dp3dt transfer for real results, but I usually start peeing really early!)
- it sucks to wait all day for people's results because we are a few hours ahead!
- it took me 9 weeks for my beta to go to zero after my missed miscarriage/D&C. That waiting sucks so bad, because all you want to do is try again! I hope the bloodwork on Thursday tells you what's going on!
- hey! I'm so happy you got your miracle babies, but it's so depressing for me. I can't believe it's November, and I'm doing this sh*t again. <sigh> Big hugs and kisses to the babies from me!
- oh honey - I'm sorry the embryos aren't doing as well as you'd hoped. If it helps, I've always gotten 14-16 eggs and only had 3-5 embryos on day 5 (and never blasts, only mourlae). I've gotten pregnant 3 times! Fingers crossed for Wednesday!
Do you get another update before that?
- weird that we've never cycled together, because we certainly stalk each other enough! Not sure why my clinic wants my lining so thick -- hopefully I can push them into letting me do the transfer next week!
- I saw a funny picture on facebook - it's the Thanksgiving turkey yelling at Santa Claus "This is MY month! Wait your turn!"
I lived on 34th St in Manhattan for a few years, right near Macy's, and Christmas stuff started right after school started! I'm Jewish, so we don't celebrate Christmas, but I love it! I love the decorations and the music and the 'spirit' -- what's weird is that there is NONE of that here. Dec 25th passes without any kind of notice. It's so weird after growing up inthe USA! -- hoping your HPT was just too early. Did you test again today?
as for "relaxing" -- sheesh! If I had gotten pregnant 3+ years ago when we started trying, I wouldn't be stressed about it! Just physically doing the treatments is stressful enough - even without thinking about 'will it work or won't it?' ! I can't f*cking relax! Not when this is the most important thing to me and could change my life!
- I'm still amazed at how many eggs you got! I've never OHSS but I've heard it's awful. I would definitely call the clinic and give them the heads up before it gets any worse. Feel better!
- you are too early! Don't worry about the HPTs yet! Take another one today and let us know how it goes!
- I'm so so so so so heartbroken for you. I cried when I read your news last night. I'm hoping for a miracle, but I know that this isn't good. I'm so sorry.
- so hard to share good news when someone else is sharing bad news, no? I'm so happy for your BFP though- 135 on 14"dpo" is fantastic! Check out betabase.info
if you want to obsess more!
- I'm loving loving loving your PMA! I hope some rubs off on me during my 2ww!
I'm so glad you have good memories of your courtship and wedding. My parents divorced when I was 12. When we got married, I wanted to avoid the whole mess by having both moms walk with me and both dads walk with David, but his parents rejected that. Months of pleading convinced my parents to walk me down the aisle together.... until the DAY of the wedding. While I was getting my hair/makeup done, my father called me and told me he wasn't coming to the wedding because my step-mother (who I rarely speak to and have no relationship with) was feeling left out. I broke down and called David. From stories I've heard, my usually-completely-chill husband went totally ape-shit on my dad and screamed at him for making me upset on my wedding day. My dad did show up and walk me down the aisle with my mom (before leaving early) but he was completely drunk and made an ass of himself.... not such fond memories! I'm so happy that I'm married to the David, but I hope to NEVER repeat that nightmare again! Awww... you've gone and made me nostalgic -- here is a wedding picture
I can't believe it's 6+ years already!
(just an explanation - D was wearing a nice suit underneath - but Jewish men traditionally wear white burial shrouds during the wedding ceremony. Weird, no? Traditionally, the bride buys the groom a set of white burial shrouds that he wears at the wedding and on Yom Kippur every year. It doesn't work out for everyone (these things get lost, or guys get bigger, or whatever), but it's considered a really good thing to be buried in the same shroud you got married in. Religion is weird sometimes, right?
- I'm glad you got down to zero. Did your RE tell you what to expect next? I don't remember exactly, but I think you are supposed to ovulate about 2 weeks after beta gets to zero. Kudos to you for trying to relax and just let whatever will happen, happen. I have the hardest time letting go of control. I hope you can relax a little bit and that the surgery goes off without a hitch next week. You look absolutely amazing in that picture!
- fingers crossed for your SnS. I hope the Viagra works. Sucks that you have to start again though....
- I hope the nausea is a good sign - but you're probably too early for any signs, so don't worry if it doesn't happen again! Lilypie is easy - just make a ticker and copy the IMG code -- put the IMG code in between these brackets in your signature (via the User Control Panel - second tab "Profile" and then "edit signature" on the left)! I love tickers!
- Friday is soooo soon! I can't wait to hear the good news! Hopefully a healthy little heartbeat!
- wow. What a hard day. Today (November 8, 2011) was the boys' due date. Of course, with twins, we knew I would deliver by October, but still hard.
I put a new post on the blog I wrote about the boys. http://asafelman.blogspot.com/2011/11/n ... -boys.html
I'm taking my 4 (shhhh 5!) Estrofem tablets and waiting (impatiently) for my next SnS on Thursday. If my lining is 8 or more, I'm going to really push for a transfer next week instead of waiting another week.
(btw - BLINKIES ARE FUN!